Crown

khunsanuk

Is this just crown or root canel/pin/crown? Believe my last r/c was 2,500, pin 1,000 and high gold crown 8,000. But the price of gold is up so suspect it may be higher this year. Have had many done over the last few years.

If tooth bad would think they would advise getting a root canal/pin. Takes a few visits but very painless here.

Always have local shot for this type of work. But have had one done in US where there was no time to cure an infection first and the anaesthetic did not take; it was the most pain I have ever had.

With a shot, which is carefully injected at various spots around the tooth, have not had anything more than a slight pain for those that I have had done in Thailand (which is about a dozen).

Hi,

"Is this just crown or root canel/pin/crown?"

Just a crown, but a very big one. There is not much left of the original molar.

Could get a porcelain crown as well (which likely looks better), which would add up to ~10K, but that would require root canal first. Did not really feel like that.

Sanuk!

I would assume your crown will be covered by porcelain. Only the margin area will show any gold and that should not be visible on a molar. The only time had a gold one done was about 27 years ago up in Vientiane and that later needed to be redone. All that have been done in Thailand have been gold covered by porcelain and have never required replacement. If you don't have a normal problem with decay perhaps not having the r/c is the correct move. But if just from worry about pain all that I have had done here in Thailand have been painless, or very close. And first was about 25 years ago.

If this is truly just gold would suggest getting a second opinion; but admit I don't know they are always bad - but in my case it was not a good move.

Archived