STUDIO 54

kohchaiBKK

For those of you that are still mourning the death of the doll's house in Clinton Plaza, Studio 54 had its soft opening last night. Studio 54 is a new GoGo Bar located toward the back of the soi 10 beer bar complex, across Sukhumvit from Clinton.

GoGo bar regulars will recognize many of the girls from the Clinton doll house, as well as some other bars. I won't comment on it regarding a review, as it was a soft opening.

It's a bit hard to describe exactly where it is because as you say, it is a labyrinthe. If you enter the complex from Sukumvit, just keep working your way forward. The toughest part will be the gauntlet of girls that will be trying to drag you into their own bars. If you get close, though, the place has "hello girls", lots of balloons, and a large sign. It is next door to Calaluna, another bar I frequent.

The place is about standard sized for a GoGo bar. When I was there, there were about 12 girls on the stage. I left fairly early, though, and more were showing up as I left. It was the first night, and I don't think the girls even knew who or how big the staff would be. Many would jump up excitedly while dancing when one of her friends showed up.

As I said, it was only their first night, and construction people were still doing fine tuning. No theme yet, and the pricing was standard, but I'm sure they will adjust as they discover who their market is. There was also no nudity on stage while I was there, and I was told that there was as yet no show. I discussed this with one of the mamasans, and am pretty sure this will change. As the only GoGo bar there at present, it will be interesting to see if and how well they fare.

Finally found this place myself with the guiding help of some bar beer girls out front. You can actually get there from the soi and avoid the bar beers if you want. When I went there were just a handfull of bikini dancers and mostly dek serves dancing. They said after New Years more girls should be back. They need some better looking talent really, but a good start and very reasonable priced place.

Cheers,

Me and a buddy checked this place out on Monday night. Way at the back of the complex. Strange sort of feeling, walking into a stand-alone "tilt-up" (metal) building.

A reasonable attempt at a go-go - high stage, nice "accordian-style" mirrored wall opposite entrance. Lots of walking space around stage. Dancers and dek-serves fairly non-descript.

But - this place has a "factory / shophouse" feel to it - I couldn't put my finger on it, but this place just doesn't feel like a seductive getaway.

I have trouble seeing how this place is going to thrive. I went once out of curiosity, and I might revisit if I hear they pull in some superior "eye-candy" - but just getting to this place is like running the gauntlet (although I also saw that it can be reached from the rear parking lot, if you enter via Soi 10).

Right now, I'd rate this place a "miss" - not a "go out of your way to avoid", but also not a drawing card place.

"Let the good times roll!"

The Fighting Fish

Hi samak,

To find it, locate Montica bar on Sukhumvit. There is a footpath down the side of Montica into the "interior". Just follow the footpath straight as far as it goes and you will arrive at the entrance to Studio 54.

I can't say I was impressed by it, but I went early so maybe it gets better late - and if it is only the soft opening maybe we should reserve judgement until it gets hard.

Khwai

"It is MONTICA on the Soi 10 side of Sukhumvit. MONICA is across the road on the corner of Clinton Plaza and has the same owners."

Ahh ok. I had seen the bar sign in the Soi 10 complex, and my mind had automatically read it as Monica because of the Beer Bar across the road in Clinton Plaza. It's easy to get distracted and not notice details on signs in the Soi 10 area.

Archived