Tips for hotel maids

bushman

I also agree that 100 BHT per day is an extreme.IMHO 30-40 BHT per day really gets me good extra service---extra towels,water,etc.I always leave the tip on the pillow so that the maids know it is for them.

I stay at the Nana Hotel and they do not charge a 10% room service charge. There is a 7% VAT---value added tax but this is a government tax. Do other hotels charge the 10% service charge on the room??

Bush

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To my knowledge all of them do. Some might not explicit state it. But normally all prices are stated whether incl. or excluding this charge. The VAT is the same of course. Just have a look e.g. here http://www.r24thailand.com/ or any other hotel related webside.

If I am wrong, I would like to learn about it. But please first compare the prices with a reference. Meaning: if somebody states that there is no charge, but the prices are however higher then one can find it somewhere else, I consider this as a ?hidden? charge.

Cheers

"also agree that 100 BHT per day is an extreme.IMHO 30-40 BHT per day really gets me good extra service---extra towels,water,etc.I always leave the tip on the pillow so that the maids know it is for them."

To all you "tip for extra towel sanukers":

Do you usually tip the maid the first day that you are there or do you tip her daily or at the end of your stay? If you tip at the end of the trip then the whole towel thing is moot. I usually tip the maid 40 baht per day at the end of my trip(about $1 USD per day). My Thai wife thinks that it's a lot, but I kind of feel bad for the maids. I usually write a little note saying "Thank you for the excellent service."

When in the US I write the note in Spanish, in LOS my wife writes the note in Thai for us. Jay

Not so , mine is on the high end , but that is due to I always get a suite room at the GP , that means more cleaning and also a mini kitchen , so there's always plates , silverware and glasses. I'm sure no matter how much is given , it is truly appreciated by the ladies.

BadaneedstomakelessofamessBing :drunk:

Archived