Guest House in Siem Reap?

CondomKing

A friend is about to leave for Siem Reap and would like to stay at a guest house in the area. He has found one called "Secret of The Elephant", which requires reservations made by e-mail only. Problem is that when he called for the e-mail address the staff was unable to provide it.

Any solutions, is anyone familiar with this place or can give a recommendation for accomodation in the area for $40 US or less. Thanks, BTW, he's leaving soon.

Says bibblies:

Try the SnapDragon for Vietnamese food btw. Yum.

And the new Dead Fish for Thai food. Nice Thai owners also. I sit at the floor table to the left as you come in. It doesn't get the breeze it does upstairs but the staff will bring a fan over for you.

This summer I stayed at Ivy II guest house. The original Ivy is in the center and has a nice restaurant. Ivy II in very new, has only a few rooms. It is a 5 min. walk from Ivy I. Both are run by two very kind english men.

Can recommend this. Nice rooms, fan, shower with cold water. 6-9 US$ without breakfast. It was a nice alternation after staying at a 4 star hotel in Bangkok.

hert.gif

Ah, I forgot, it is guest friendly biggrinsanta.gif

Try SKY WAY guesthouse on road #6 next to freedom hotel. Cheap $6 rooms with fan and satelite t.v. and shower in room. Good inexpensive restaurant and the owner of the guesthouse has a crocodile farm in the back. Nice people and can hook up guided trip to Angkor. Lots of KSR types but very clean.

Archived