Teaching French or even Dutch

BelgianBoy

Hi,

I agree with you. I was really bad off when it comes to count. I also learnt that the Swiss French counts was easier to remember, perhaps it is logic.

My French has been so bad now, and one of my excuse was, it makes no sense. Most of my friends who studied French with me used to laugh at me because in High School, I could get 98% score in English but just barely 75% in French and they thought French was easier.

Perhaps, because I did not have any boyfriend who spoke French, was my shortcomings. :o

Cheers!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hallo BGB

Ik leer Nederlands spreken !!! If you can find where to teach..please tell me..I'm searching the Dutch language school but can't find !! I'll apply to study your course being your student :o !! Serious !!

Dank je!!

logic is one thing...but languages do not always follow the logic way...

a citizen of la grande nation will recognize that your french is not a french french, if you say nonante instead of quatre vingts dix

it would also be easier and more logic for us farang thai learners to say sipphan instead of muen or royphan instaed of saen, which would be closer to the counting logic of western languages; but don't worry, we will not do it.

Jasmine, jp1 and Samak,

As explained before by jp1, the 'belgian' way is more logical, and is the same way as the swiss and french-canadian, i.e. old french, which the 'real' French had to upgrade to make it more confusing :)

WhiteOrchid,

Good of you to learn Dutch, you mentionned before you had a BF in Holland, right ?

Unfortunately I'm back in Belgium, without a licence to teach and still without experience.....

Can you try to call Berlitz school ?

My GF found a Dutch learning book at the whts-its-name- japanese bookstore in Emporium, maybe that will help....

BTW, what does an hour of private tutoring cost a student ????

Samak,

""a citizen of la grande nation will recognize that your french is not a french french, if you say nonante instead of quatre vingts dix""

Sure, but the same happens everywhere too........

When I'm in France I use the french words, and a flemish speaker will upgrade his Dutch a bit to make it understandable to his Dutch partner...... same same english versus american, no ?

Cheers !

Hi

yes, my b/f lives in Holland. ! I called to Berlitz today. There are Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, German and English but not Dutch. ::

"BTW, what does an hour of private tutoring cost a student ????"

= Private course = 50 hours / 37,500 Baht ::

I will go to find out at Emporium, thank you for your information !

Bye

<< The French spelling of some numbers, i.e. 70 upto 79 and 90 upto 99 lacks a certain logic, doesn't it, the Belgian way is much clearer. >>

And it's a hell of a lot easier to learn too. The French must have run out of toes or something.

p.s. All the universities have French departments. They are usually small though and not a lot of openings. Some of the better known secondary schools teach French too. Haven't heard of any place that offered Dutch though.

Being very familiar with the Thai university scene--just did a big review of a bunch of them--your chances of teaching french at one of them, quite contrary to what Jasmine argued, is non-existing. Thai universities are extremely strict about accreditation--and the same goes, to a somewhat lesser degree, for good high schools. Also, those kinds of jobs are *highly* sought after by very well-credentialed individuals; it's not uncommon to have literally dozens of applications for language positions in Bangkok, and to have people with doctorates teach french in high schools!! As for dutch--vergeet het maar. Sorry to put a damper on your enthusiasm....

Nich

Archived