Teaching French or even Dutch

BelgianBoy

Guys I need help and info............

Checking my options and future to move to LOS, one of my options would be to teach.......

Not being a native english speaker, my chances to teach english are rather small, but I?m a native French and Dutch speaker, so what would be my chances here ?

Is there a similar TELF ( Teach English Language to Foreign ) here for French and / or Dutch ????

Secondly, what is the demand here for french teachers ?

Good answers will really be appreciated !

TIA !

Cheers !

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I think your chance to teach French is very good in a University like Thammasart/Chula. Alos, when I was in Triam Udom High School, there were 2 French teachers from France.

Another course is teaching privately, many Thais will be happy to have you teach or tutor their children.

For Dutch, I don't know any demand for it in Thailand.

Cheers!

Jasmine

Samak,

Ok, first it is spelled 'bien sur', just to clarify, and yes, the french is exactly the same........

As for Dutch, it is also the same as Flemish, it is 1 language.........

Jasmine,

Thanks for the info, but I dont have a degree or a license to teach (yet), where can I get that ?????

I'm an engineer, but that does not help me now :(

And yes, I hear there are lots of chances to teach French, just that I bloody need the info :)

Cheers !

Says BelgianBoy:

Samak,

Ok, first it is spelled 'bien sur', just to clarify, and yes, the french is exactly the same........

dear belgian boy

nonanteneuf ou quatrevingtsdixneuf pourcents la meme chose? (no accent on my keyboard)

thanks for your spelling correction!

sante

Samak,

oui, c'est la meme chose. Nonanteneuf est plus logique que quatre vingts dix neuf. The French spelling of some numbers, i.e. 70 upto 79 and 90 upto 99 lacks a certain logic, doesn't it, the Belgian way is much clearer. :)

Archived