What´s the best Ice Cream in BKK ?

dsab

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And, let's not forget that ersatz ice cream institution, Dairy Queen. MMMMMM, Blizzards, Dilly Bars, and Peanut Buster Parfaits! Why do I suddenly sound like Homer Simpson?

Does this mean that there is a Dairy Queen in Bangkok? I am an American living in Germany and I truly miss Dairy Queen ice cream. It would certainly make my trip to LOS much better if it was possible to stop by a Dairy Queen.

Oh yeah, there are Dairy Queens all over the place. MBK (as mentioned), Emporium 5th Floor...just about every major shopping center, and lots of gas stations, too.

IMO: The Dairy Queens in Thailand offer an inferior product to the Dairy Queens in the U.S. (which, IMO, offered an inferior product themselves to begin with).

Way back when, the MacDonald's in Robinson's -- Rama IV was an honest-to-Buddha full-fledged Dairy Queen like in the U.S., with the hamburgers and everything, but that was well over a decade ago. Those are merely ersatz little DQs dotting the landscape now.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a Hagen Das on Silom near Pat Pong.

There's also one in Central Lad Plao as well.

I can live with the quality of Swensen.

The ice cream on offer at "The Landmark" Sukhumwit in that little cafe is pretty good as well.

And when you're really desparate you can catch a 7 baht KFC Vanilla Cone unless you're at the airport when it's 10 baht instead.

I use to eat Blizzard's every day whilst in Thailand but swapped to Vanilla Cones instead. Note: this was because I always dropped my wife off to work at the airport.

Archived