What´s the best Ice Cream in BKK ?

dsab

Hey guys,

I really love Ice Cream. Where can I find in your opinion the best ice cream in BKK ?

So far I only tried the most popular brands, like Svensons (which I dislike), Baskin Robbins (which is only a bit better), BUDS (which I like, but have to buy in the supermarket), and Ciao (which you find at all the BTS Stations and which I quite like).

Any other recommendations ?

THX,

Daniel

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like Tuscanini personally...too dry and not creamy enough.

There is Iberry on Sukhumvit 24, which is quite good. But whose idea was "Banana and Cheese" flavor?

Then there is the Oriental Shop, with several locations including the Emporium 5th floor.

Also, a place at the front of Fuji Supermarket on Sukhumvit 33/1 is quite good (nice "banana and almond", plus local flavors like santol fruit and tamarind). Can't remember it's name.

But, when it comes down to it, I haven't found any locally-produced product that comes anywhere near Haagen-Dazs.

(Yes, I'm big as a house).

Alright, wise ass, here I am. :)

Why is it whenever food, particularly junk food, is brought up on this board, folks expect me to respond?

Is it because I eat Big Macs for breakfast? ::

Ah, ice cream. Give me a good ole Magnum Bar anyday and I will be as happy as a hog in slop.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned that very fine quality brand, Wall's? You guys will have billions of those peddling Wall's Ice Cream dudes weeping in their Nutty Buddies (or whatever the Thai equivalent is) if you don't eat Wall's now and then.

Truth be told, I have no favorite ice cream. I eat 'em all and massive quantities of the stuff. Yes, I do enjoy taking my lovely dates to Swenson's to enjoy one of the Belly Busters or whatever the hell they are calling the bowls of 8,976 scoops of ice cream now. And, Baskin & Robbins is great, but it is so hard to choose a flavor I choose 'em all and walk out with a cone that looks like the Baiyoke Building.

And, let's not forget that ersatz ice cream institution, Dairy Queen. MMMMMM, Blizzards, Dilly Bars, and Peanut Buster Parfaits! Why do I suddenly sound like Homer Simpson?

The only ice cream I will not eat is the Thai version of coconut with the corn, beans, and brussel sprouts in it and ANY ice cream that they stick in bread. BARF! :eek:

PS. The shakes are back at Burger King and I love it.

I have my problems with the "italien" iucecream they sell in LOS, everytime i try i found pieces of plain waterice in it :(. What ever icecream (repeat [color:"red"] cream [/color] !) should be, no water have to be in it.

Give me the pure stuff, pleaaaaassssseeee. frosty.gif

Meanwhile i stick to Svensons and Baskins. Works for me. And if im in a weird mood i even enjoy Dairy Queen.

For the record, a friend who makes a living out of icecream, is makeing icecream with beerflavour. No joke.

Cheers :drunk:

mupfel

Archived