What % of BGs have HIV/AIDS?

lucky_me

STH,

When I said that not using a condom in the USA is stupid, I meant that you should use them to prevent STDs. I agree with you that you should not worry about catching HIV or AIDS in a typical heterosexual relationship (I mean while having sex in the USA, not Thailand), or even in a series of one night stands (in the USA, not Thailand). But, what you SHOULD be very concerned about, no matter where you have sex, is wearing a condom to prevent STDs. Wearing a condom is easy. And it gives you peace of mind. Are you aware that 20-25% of all sexually active adults in the USA have genital warts, and also 20-25% of all sexual active adults here have herpes. This is fact. Now, if these figures seem high to you, know that doctors say most people who have herpes or warts don't even know it, because the symptoms are usually not easily noticable. Still, you need to be careful since 1 out of 4 or 5 people here have one (or both) of those STDS. (if you don't beleive me, just do a little bit of research and you will see that these figures are accurate). I wonder if it is the same in London where you live?

Now, what makes Thailand so interesting to me is, in Thailand, not only do you have to worry about catching STDS, but throw in the fact that a lot of prostitutes (supposidly around 7%) have HIV! God knows what percentage of them have other STDS like Herpes & warts! I am *guessing* that, since in the USA the percentage is 20-25%, then in Thailand, where the average female prostitute is having sex with several sex tourists per week, it surley must be WELL OVER 50% of prostitutes who have STDs.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Where is this so called AIDS explosion, I have mentioned it before, but I dont know anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone who has HIV.

In 1989 I lived with an ex-drug addict lady.

I got us both tested on HIV, I was neg, she was pos and had Syfillis in phase 2.

I just read a message from a friend living in Pattaya who invited 5 bg's at his birthday party, 3 died from AIDS, the 4th just was found HIV positive. I don't think he made this up though...

I spoke with an "older" expat on Soi 7 one day and his attitude was that since he was almost 60 he didn't care, and didn't want to know, if he had HIV.

He said he never used condoms because he hated them and it was harder to keep it up. His thinking was that if he was HIV positive then he had about 10 years to live it up before he'd be dead and he figured he'd die of something before that anyway.

Afterwards I was kind of pissed about his attitude because it also made me think there are probably many his age who share that logic. It also meant he didn't give a shit for any girl me might be infecting.

And ultimately that can be passed on to other punters. Not to mention that if the woman has a kid(s) who rely on her she might be dead before that can grow up.

Suk is full of the scum of the earth.

i dont know what is the percentage of HIV in LOS, BUT I ALWAYS take my BG for rapid test "abbott determine" clinic near marine palaza. i know even she say she not had sex many times ...but i want to know and tell her it is good for her health, she usually dont mind taking the test..5 time i visited LOS, 5 time i tested her.

• 2 years later...

Archived