Pattaya Promotion.

Torneyboy

Got a fax from a tour operator in Pattaya letting us know of thier promo.

Went on a bit then i came to this :

Pattaya can be brash ,bold,beautifull and bucolic, and offers everything an authentic international beach resort can.

What else could you add to this to help boost tourism in Pattaya?? ::

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says torneyboy:

Pattaya can be brash ,bold,beautifull and bucolic, and offers everything an authentic international beach resort can.

What else could you add to this to help boost tourism in Pattaya?? ::

What can I add ??? Boobies, Bars, Barfines, Beer, ......... :beer:

Cheers !

>Pattaya can be brash ,bold,beautifull and bucolic, and offers everything an authentic international beach resort can.

I'm just back from Pattaya. Beach only, Jomtien.

I could not imagine any place in the world could get that packed. Mostly with Thais but it was their holiday (Queeen's Birthday).

Walked up an down the entire beach, along the water line. At some stages, I could count 18 banana boats within my sight being active.

Pollution, pollution and more of it.

Farangs - a small percent of beach goers.

In Oz, health authorithies would have closed the venue.

Says think_too_mut:

>Pattaya can be brash ,bold,beautifull and bucolic, and offers everything an authentic international beach resort can.

I'm just back from Pattaya. Beach only, Jomtien.

I could not imagine any place in the world could get that packed. Mostly with Thais but it was their holiday (Queeen's Birthday).

Walked up an down the entire beach, along the water line. At some stages, I could count 18 banana boats within my sight being active.

Pollution, pollution and more of it.

Farangs - a small percent of beach goers.

In Oz, health authorithies would have closed the venue.

Why did you go there?

>Why did you go there?

I have never wanted to go there (to see anything of that shithole of a place IMO, other than the sea side resort side of it).

My gf wanted her friends to join us, her agenda and it happened. "Thalee" they all shouted when the sea came into the sight.

My fifth time there, the beach (daylight) only.

Too much sex, too many human wrecks, too many Thai wrecks...u can't escape all that.

My disclaimer is - have never been into PTY night life. Know nothing. Just did not like the place.

How do I know? I don't know - just my feeling.

Be happy with your joys, all the best, sorry, I won't be seen there any time soon.

Some like the city others like the country, some like the ocean some prefer concrete. In all fairness I have a very strong love affair with the town! IMO it's one of the best holiday spots a healthy man could want. Ocean, beach, great restaurants, lower prices, less traffic, excellent nightlife and last but not least the pretty company. I will admit they do have a few farang wrecks, Pattaya can do that too a man. The Thai wrecks are probably in that condition because of all the wrecked farangs! If you really don't like it there, very simple solution....Don't go there! You're really missing out.

Just my opinion! :beer:

As a good friend of mine says: too much sex, too much BS and too much money..... But he hated BKK even more.

as a mater of fact, assuming you live in BKK, your line on pollution works as well there, and OZ authorities would close a lot of places there too, IMO!

I am still waiting for someone to show me why Beach Rd is worse than lower Sukhumvit when the night comes, why Walking St is sleazier than NEP, and if eschewing these places, why living in Pattaya is living in a shithole?

>IMO it's one of the best holiday spots a healthy man could want.

Must be - I set the bar too high. Living in Sydney, where 38 beaches are free, clean, water transparency goes up to 30m, Pattaya looks like what world would look like after a nuclear war.

There were more plastic bags along the water line than in a supermarket's warehouse.

>Ocean, beach, great restaurants, lower prices, less traffic, excellent nightlife and last but not least the pretty company.

If you call it ocean, I must redefine what we in Oz call ocean. Being a surfer, I tend to go to our version of it 250 days a year. Never felt like being around a swamp.

Less traffic? Took me 100 minutes from BKK and another hour to crawl to somewhere near the sea.

Says torneyboy:

Got a fax from a tour operator in Pattaya letting us know of thier promo. Went on a bit then i came to this :
Pattaya can be brash ,bold,beautifull and bucolic...

Bucolic ??? ::

bucolic , a & n. Of shepherds, pastoral, rustic [Gk. boukolikos herdsman]

(Oxford English Dictionary v.I)

Funny, I don't remember seeing any sheep the last time I was in Pattaya ::. I shagged a few dogs though :o.

jack :drunk:

Archived