Thai movies

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the export version (bought in HK, I think). Very sexy & had nudity...

Wifey filled me in but I had not too much trouble following it. Do you want to borrow the VCD. I think I can find them around the house somewhere...

Cheers,

SD

• 3 weeks later...

I have just see 2 Thai movies, one of which is Butterfly Man which I thought was complete crap and had trouble watching to the end.

The other one was Last Life in The Universe which I really liked and can thoroughly recommend. Made by the same director as Mon Rak Transistor, Sixty Nine and Fun Bar Karaoke.

"Bangkok Dangerous"? What a pile of pants that was. I'm surprised I remained conscious. That was the one that ended in a shoot out at the end and a beautiful, crying lady who had no connection with the nasty gang land life of her croaking boyfriend discovering that life isn't that pretty... :sleeping:

For an interesting, gangster film then look to Vietnam. "Cyclo". Marvellous movie. Even got a track in there by Radiohead. Could watch that several times and not get tired of it.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Sukhumvit, I couldn't agree more, Butt Man was a load of crap! I bought it because I thought a friend of mine (ex Patpong BG now in my country) would like to see it, but she also felt it was rubbish.

Yes, Cyclo is great, as are the other few movioes made by the same director. I saw all of them in a week, when I was suffereing of a bad bout of the blues in my country. Cheered me up, looking at those wonderful women.

I know there are at least a couple of posters living in Hawaii at present so I will post this for them.

I just got word today that the HAWAII INTL. FILM FESTIVAL 2004 will be showing "Last life in the Universe."

It is showing-- SAT 3 APRIL at 3.30 PM at DOLE 9

and MON 5 APRIL at 6.30 PM at DOLE 8

See the festival website at : http://www.hiff.org/

fro more info.

Archived