Thai movies

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Just thought I'd comment on the Movie Butterfly Man.

I picked up the DVD last night and watched it with my GF.

I thought it was a complete waste of 300 Baht and anyone who comes down to Hua Hin is welcome to take it off my hands.

Terrible, Hammy acting. A very unlikely storyline and highly simplistic references to Thai culture.

It's hard to believe it was made by guy who has live in LOS for 7 years.

Has anyone else seen it?

Hi

Hammy acting... saw a Thai movie yesterday in the hair salon while wife was having her hair done for 2 hours :doah:

Horror/thriller...story is around a princess M....k.aya ?

These guys and a girl go to a place and dig up a coffin they pull it up a hill take the lid off and the girl faints..thecoffin slides down crushing two guys ....everyone rushes to attend to the girl as camera pans off..( hey ...2 guys died!!) ::

Was in BKK last month, and saw "The Bodyguard" (Thai movie, not Huston/Cosner USA version). Had English subtitles.

It was fucking hilarious. Just now got off phone with G/F, and her dad had just bought the DVD, and the whole family was screaming in the background. I thought very funny also.

I remember one Thai guy coming on for the first time, and the whole audience started laughing (almost all Thai), even though he had not done a thing yet. G/F explained that he was very well known, and even just his appearence made them all know something funny was going to happen. :dunno:

If you see an advertisement of a naked Thai guy running down the street holding a cup over his dick, this is the one. ::

Good fun movie, and I would recommend. :up::up:

HT

Just saw an iteration of Nong Nak here in Oz a couple of nights ago. As always, a good story.

Suriyothai was a spectacle and also a good story (the original -- I thought the Coppola version was not much different and that he did not add anything). But of recent movies, I like Jan Dara...because Christy Cheung is nekkid in that one :D!

Cheers,

SD

Archived