Shipping a small package from USA-BKK

OCgringo

I've had good luck shipping Global Express to NE Thailand- credit card to GF, some paperwork. Usually takes ~5-7 working days. US Post tells me the slowdown is when item reaches Thailand, of course.

Now, my only question is, what is the best way to ship my "small package" from her home in LOS to the US?? :)

Thai Post Office. Ask for EMS. It is the equivalent of USPS Global Priority. Send paperwork back to the States each month. B440. Gets there in 5 days.

If you do not like waiting in line at the post office, you can also go to a Mail Boxes Etc. (there's one in Phrom Pong BTS station and one in Tesco On Nut, prolly more elsewhere) and they will send the package EMS for an additional B70 on top of the EMS charge.

Cheers,

SD

I have sent pictures through the post that never arrived in BKK.I have received a package ordered on the internet through the post.I had my daughter send my new credit cards through UPS.They would only allow her to send 2 cards and both them and FEDX would only ship from a company account for overseas mail.The cards left the USA on Friday and arrived at my condo on Monday morning as they said they would.Best Regards ,Stan

suadum said:

Thai Post Office. Ask for EMS. It is the equivalent of USPS Global Priority. Send paperwork back to the States each month. B440. Gets there in 5 days.

If you do not like waiting in line at the post office, you can also go to a Mail Boxes Etc. (there's one in Phrom Pong BTS station and one in Tesco On Nut, prolly more elsewhere) and they will send the package EMS for an additional B70 on top of the EMS charge.

Cheers,

SD

Thanks, SD- I've used this in the past to ship to US. Useful info regarding Mail Boxes, Etc. I didn't know this was available.

Just for laughs, the "small package" to which I was referring is my GF. Denied a visa and she can't quite fit in my carry-on, so looking for another method to get her to US! :)

• 7 years later...

Archived