There's always somebody ...

Flashermac

I just posted it for a response. Sure got that, all right.

I would think that mentioning names as the writer does means there is something to the story ... unless the rag is willing to get sued for libel.

Anyone who has been to Jomtien has seen the Farang gay men with their young boy toys. The story does seem plausible.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CNN is a bit more responsible:

Traffickers threaten Aceh orphans

Monday, January 10, 2005

SPECIAL REPORT

(CNN) -- Indonesian authorities have taken steps to protect displaced or orphaned children from traffickers after last week's tsunami disaster, barring people from leaving the country with children under 16 from its hard-hit Aceh province.

Riaz Saehu, the press secretary for the Indonesian Embassy in Washington, said Jakarta was implementing the measure because "the government would like to protect the children" from potential traffickers.

"We are afraid the children can be taken advantage of," he said.

The disaster is believed to have left as many as 13,000 children orphaned in the region.

But John Budd, a spokesman for the U.N. children's fund UNICEF, said it was unclear how many children had lost parents or were only separated from their families.

Budd said the fears have been stoked by reports from relief agencies that criminal gang members in Aceh have been posing as aid workers or parents.

And a couple was arrested on charges of attempting to traffic in children in the city of Medan, which he said was "notorious" for the practice -- "both for adoption and for the sex trade."

In addition, an e-mail message received by a UNICEF worker in Malaysia offered 300 orphans for adoption, promising that "All paperwork will be taken care of," he said.

"To even start talking about orphans at the moment is utterly premature," he said.

UNICEF is working with Indonesia's government to set up child centers in the region to help reunite orphaned children with members of their extended families, he said.

Indonesian officials and aid workers began setting up a registration system for children Tuesday, Budd said.

"The Indonesian government -- the president and vice president, as well as the police here -- are deeply concerned about it, and we're supporting them," he said.

Another UNICEF official, Simon Ingram, said there are indications "traffickers are active" in the tsunami-stricken regions. Asked about Indonesia barring people leaving the country with young Aceh children, he said, "That was a step we were pleased they took."

Ruud Lubbers, the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, said it is unclear if trafficking is occurring on a large scale, but "we are trying to prevent it."

"We are prepared for this sort of behavior and terrible things, so we are cautious," he said.

UNICEF has launched a four-point plan to save the children in the region:

-- Focusing on basics such as clean water, adequate sanitation, nutrition and routine medical care.

-- Giving a high priority to identifying children who have lost their families, and reuniting them with their extended families and communities.

-- Ensuring the children are protected from child traffickers and sex predators.

-- Helping children cope with the tragedy by getting them back in school as soon as possible and training teachers about signs of severe trauma.

Flashermac said:

CNN is a bit more responsible:

And a couple was arrested on charges of attempting to traffic in children in the city of Medan, which he said was "notorious" for the practice -- "both for adoption and for the sex trade."...

Not condoning the dark side at all, but, Jeez, perish the thought that homeless, poor orphans might get adopted. Oh my God! The bastards. What will they try next? Force feeding the starving?

Yeah, I know I've taken that a bit out of context.

Well it might be a bit out of context, but you're on the right track, the real news that I've seen is full of:

1 Good news stories about retired doctors informally adopting a 14 yr old boy to add to his family of three other children. And couples the world over offering to adopt, the impoverished and distressed orphans.

2 UN, Unicef, NGO, Media, pressure group - people saying - "Oh no, it could be/possibly/probably is child trafficking for sex" etc etc. With no actual instances. Children are much better off, not being adopted it seems.

The Couple, that was mentioned as having been arrested, has only been reported as having a child with them that was not their own. Were they informally adopting? or trafficking for the dark side? You'd think with the wide spread reporting of the supposedly wide spread child trafficking they (the media) could get to the facts of the one reported case they've found so far!

I've seen various officials and do gooders, primarily concerned with the continuation of their funding, saying that children should be left where they are, the family might turn up later, the culture might be different, etc etc.

Whilst these points are valid, there must be many infants who know neither culture or language, and for whom the fate of the parents is known.

Officialdom should be saying, where the facts are known, where the procedures (and don't imagine they haven't got procedures) are followed, and the adopters are verifiably genuine, yes lets adopt some of these kids and give them a life!

My wife and I have been talking about adopting one or perhaps two Thai children ourselves, but with the present climate of fear engendered by the media and do gooders, I'm not sure we'll pursue this.

I guess what sticks in my craw is that all these warnings and illusions and actual false alarms about child trafficking ( abhorrent though the thought is ) are not being based on fact and are seemingly being used to promote funding justification.

If I had the wherewithall, I'd set up a competing fund that would have as it's stated purpose, "to find loving and caring homes for people - as well as children - with good and responsible people world wide - no religious, cultural or ideological boundaries".

Ah well I've run out of rant, and hoping against hope, my fervent wish is that we see no actual child trafficking happen and more real and tangible help for the individuals affected.

Cheers

Coss

sawatdee krap,

so what about the bank robber who shoots the cashier, is that a fair sportsman other than the child molester ? How much would you pay per hour in that case. Jasmine, with statements like this you might become popular in the local pub but not in a civilised environment.

BuBi

Executive Moderator No.1

who says we live in a civilised environment when talking about these kind of people.

anyone who commits a crime is in the wrong,but some are worse than others.

i have a criminal record but nothing as serious as what this Guy is doing.

there may be many reasons why someone shoots a bankteller.

drugs,debts or pure desparation.

but someone deliberately making a living out of making underage children have sex with people is a real lowlife in my opinion.

they deserve all they get and with i agree with other posters thoughts.

off topic a little.

i live in a little village outside of a large town and a few Years ago a friend of mine was murdered.

we have 4 Schools which cater for 11 Years and under and the local council decided to put a home for Rapists and Paedophiles who were being let out of prison right on our doorstep.

but of course the locals knew nothing of this matter.

my friend worked as a Barmaid and one New Years Eve i bought her a drink and got a little kiss from her.

i then went to work and 4 Hours later i saw her body and what the CUNT had done to her.

i cannot detail the things i saw but i wanted to kick the FUCKER to death.

but he is now in prison for life(well knowing the British system about 10 Years)and i and others are paying for his comfort.

yes there are always miscarriages of justice,but this CUNT stood up in Court and admitted everything he done and laughed as he said it.

if a person is found guilty and there is no doubt than waste the FUCKER.

sorry for the rant,but this is personal to me.

i wonder how you would feel if any of your YOUNG relatives were targeted in this way?.

would you just say 'let bygones be bygones'?..... ::

Guest lazyphil

<<I will pay $30/hour to watch him hanged by his balls, that is as long as the money goes directly to the orphanage.

Disgusting both suppliers and customers. Don't these people have young children they love or used to love at home?>>

Good idea jasmine, like me not PC but so what, these pieces of scum were not very nice to begin with.

BBill...ok perhaps nuture them, rehabilitate them at great expense, put them back in the community, usually in lower socio economic areas far from the do gooders who want to be nice and *civililised* and live in the leafy safe suburbs, cool.

Could be true, and it could be BS.

The problem is if somebody said this was going on in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. everybody would know it is false, but in Thailand - it could happen.

Remeber about 6 months ago, the former King of Massage parlors got off a criminal charge for having under age girls working for him because it was found out they had false IDs?

Is screwing a 14 year old girl not much different then whatever they do with 14 year old boys?

USVirgin said:

And isn't that exactly what this FOX NEWS interview is all about, doing anything to get money for Mr. Haugen, both through the promotion of this newest book and that of his so-called child saving organization, which by the way, for the years 2001-2002 spent a whopping $3,248,381 paying themselves salaries and employee benefits, while a mere $1,254 went to their Good Samaritan Expense, and $9,280 went to the child prostitutes victims aftercare expense. Imagine that!

Over three million dollars goes into the pockets of IJM employees, while less than a fraction goes to the very children in need. What does that tell you about IJM's real interests and motivations? (Source: International Justice Mission FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND INDEPENDENT AUDITORS' REPORT DECEMBER 31, 2002 AND 2001)

This, my friends, is not an organization concerned about saving children: it's all about pretending to save children as a ploy to solicit donations and government grants so people like Gary Haugen and his scheming cohorts can strike it rich. The three million dollars that went into the hands of IJM employees testifies to that. To me, such scams constitute fraud and deceit, which, last time I checked, are illegal where Haugen comes from. So why isn't Haugen facing criminal charges for such fraud? Or is it that the same corruption of justice he so much complains about within the child sex trade in Asia, is also found in Haugen's very own backyard?

And will Gary Haugen respond to Sheri Scott?s challenge to come forward and tell us exactly where the so-called thousands of child sex slaves in Bangkok are to be found? She is there and can check.

Also would he please respond to our examination of IJM?s financial accounts where we found only a small fraction received in grants and donations possibly going to charity?

Excellent article and analysis relating to the faith-based organizations exploiting a natural disaster to enrich themselves and further their goals of imposing their moral codes on all others. I too have looked at IJM's financial statements on their website (their arrogance is demonstrated in voluntarily publishing such damning financial statments), and was sickened by this (and other) self-serving 'charitable organizations' who do not help the local people truly in need. AFESIP, an NGO operating with similar goals in Cambodia, does not publish their financials on their website, but share the dodgy reputation IJM has in Cambodia.

Unfortunately, IJM and AFESIP's marketing efforts are going to result in large contribution amounts deposited in their coffers.

Archived