There's always somebody ...

Flashermac

Guest lazyphil

<<maybe because we have a certain system of legalities, due process, and all that>>

With the greatest respect to you fly you are not the great paragon on these matters often using talk of using violence to people who cross you or understand the nature of the beast of the Bangna gang member (never seen you condem any of them who weild swords etc). I reacted to the post driven by emotion, and you are an emotional guy as we have read on many occasions, so you know where I'm coming from ::...and if the story is a lie and these 'men' are really just nice and dandy then I withdraw my first heated initial reaction to the potential buggering of kids who have been through hell on earth seeing their parents swept away.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The author of this filth should have some follow-up information to base the story on. Did the police investigate? If yes, what happened? If no, why not?

Too many fingers being pointed and not much substance to the story.

Regarding the 'due process'...boy, oh boy. Living in the legal times- it WOULD be nice to bring back public displays of disipline. IF this was a true case of someone trying to make money off of orphans. There should be a line drawn somewhere.

I am sick of politically correctness. Fuck this pervert, take him out 'Goodfellas' style if this crap is true.

Cheers,

anyhow, the story there smells of someone sqeezing a quick buck on the tsunami trail and the shortlived media attention thailand got again. cool idea - mix pedophilia in pattaya on the central east cost with tsunami victims from the southern west cost...

[color:"blue"]Particularly if you're an NGO! ::

I'm not saying I agree with everything that's written below, but it does appear that NGOs and the media are sensationalizing the child trafficking angle.[/color]

IJM and Fox News O'Reilly hop on Save the Children band wagon

Sheri Scott in Thailand

On January 7, 2005, Fox News (the O'Reilly Factor) interviewed Gary Haugen, president of the International Justice Mission (IJM), and author of his newest book on child prostitution in Cambodia, Terrify No More.

Haugen will be a familiar face to those of you who viewed the NBC TV special, "Children for Sale" (January 2004) in which he led a rather forceful brigade of Cambodian police into a red light zone popularly known as Svay Pak or K11 (called so because it's located 11 kilometres out of the capital of Cambodia, Phnom Penh). Although now closed down, Svay Pak was once a popular brothel area for foreigners, due to its large number of very attractive, white skinned (as opposed to the darker-skinned Khmer women) and Vietnamese sex workers, a small handful of which were below the age of 18.

While the interview between O'Reilly and Haugen would appear to start us off feeling sorrow for the victimized children of the tsunami disaster in South and Southeast Asia, it's not long before narrator O'Reilly and self-proclaimed, child-saving hero Haugen pull a sharp u-turn away from the tsunami victims themselves, taking us deep into the shocking and sensationalized world of child prostitution, sex trafficking and sex slavery. Next thing you know, we've forgotten about the tsunami disaster, and suddenly find ourselves in the brothels of Phnom Penh, Cambodia and Bangkok, Thailand, where no tidal wave, to the best of my knowledge, has gone before.

If you're wondering what the capital of Cambodia and Thailand have to do with the more than 155,000 deaths and millions of devastated lives throughout Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and the island of Phuket, Thailand, the answer becomes rather clear: How can IJM president Haugen promote both his new book and his pseudo-Christian organization - which is hell bent on incarcerating white-skinned American sex tourists, guilty or not - if the FOX NEWS interview stays focused on more deeper issues, such as the December 26 tsunami disaster?

All too quickly we learn from this interview that Haugen is much more interested in promoting the International Justice Mission, a pseudo-Christian organization, then helping victims of any tsunami disaster. (Note: I'm a theology graduate and I'll tell it to your face, IJM has nothing to do with the basic principles of love and forgiveness found in the Christian faith. The great mandate of Christ was to go into the world and make disciples, not solicit donations and government grants in order to incarcerate alleged paedophiles from America. Haugen's obvious obsession with child sex abuse makes us wonder about his own personal history as a child. Common, Haugen! Open your heart and let us in on what makes your heart so full of hate and revenge towards white-skinned American men!).

As the interview continues, a shocking and rather slanderous statement is made. Haugen explains to us how the child sex slave industry in Southeast Asia, which in his own words is nothing more than "a global trade of rape for profit", manages to stay in business, despite all the NGOs war against it. He says, the child sex trade "only flourishes because police are on the take. The police could shut this down whenever they want. Any police can do that whenever they wanted. It only flourishes in places where local laws enforcement is complicit with it."

I'm sure the Royal Thai police in Thailand will be more than pleased to hear this. While you may be quick to agree that corruption among Asian police, particularly in Thailand, exists, the fact is Haugen's accusation that the Royal Thai police could at any moment shut down the entire industry of child prostitution in Thailand (which means hundreds of thousands of child sex slaves, assuming for a moment the NGO's statistics are anywhere near correct) is not only outright slanderous, but based on a utterly false assumption. That false assumption is child prostitution in Thailand, to any significant degree, exists. In fact, it doesn't.

Case in point. A quick walk throughout the Bangkok Go Go bars of the Nana Entertainment Plaza, Patpong, Soi Cowboy, not to mention the massage parlours of Rachada, Angels disco at the Nana, Thermae Coffee House on Sukhumvit, Eden Club on Soi 7, and so on, will easily testify to the fact that the sex workers of Bangkok are both consenting adults and eager to engage in their trade. The same can be said of the red light districts throughout South Pattaya, Patong Beach (once

devastated by the tsunami, but now back on its feet), Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, etc. You won't find a shred of child prostitution in any of these areas, contrary to what IJM may tell us.

How do I know this? For one, look at the sign that appears at the front entrance of every Go Go bar and disco throughout Thailand: "No one under 20 allowed inside". Second, go there and see for yourself, rather than trusting the words of moral crusaders such as Haugen, who makes a living out of lying and fabricating statistics on child prostitution in order to sell his organization to the world. You'll be hard pressed to find a single prostitute much under 15, the legal age of consent in Thailand.

"Well, what about O'Reilly's expose on child prostitution, in which he claims he exposed a woman who was selling a 12-year-old Thai girl in Bangkok?" so you ask. Good point. Except for that fact that what O'Reilly found is now nearly ancient history. As O'Reilly admits, "When I was there [in Bangkok] 10 years ago."

What happened 10 years ago is hardly representative of the sex trade today. Let's quick dwelling on the past and get back to the present where hundreds of devastated children and broken families find themselves in dire need on the island of Phuket, Thailand, oddly enough, of which neither Haugen nor O'Reilly seem to be the least bit interested in. I cannot help but wonder why. Perhaps the answer will be found in O'Reilly's statement in the introduction to this interview, regarding those that exploit the industry of child prostitution. He says "They'll do anything to get money".

And isn't that exactly what this FOX NEWS interview is all about, doing anything to get money for Mr. Haugen, both through the promotion of this newest book and that of his so-called child saving organization, which by the way, for the years 2001-2002 spent a whopping $3,248,381 paying themselves salaries and employee benefits, while a mere $1,254 went to their Good Samaritan Expense, and $9,280 went to the child prostitutes victims aftercare expense. Imagine that!

Over three million dollars goes into the pockets of IJM employees, while less than a fraction goes to the very children in need. What does that tell you about IJM's real interests and motivations? (Source: International Justice Mission FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND INDEPENDENT AUDITORS' REPORT DECEMBER 31, 2002 AND 2001)

This, my friends, is not an organization concerned about saving children: it's all about pretending to save children as a ploy to solicit donations and government grants so people like Gary Haugen and his scheming cohorts can strike it rich. The three million dollars that went into the hands of IJM employees testifies to that. To me, such scams constitute fraud and deceit, which, last time I checked, are illegal where Haugen comes from. So why isn't Haugen facing criminal charges for such fraud? Or is it that the same corruption of justice he so much complains about within the child sex trade in Asia, is also found in Haugen's very own backyard?

As for TV programs such as the O'Reilly Factor FOX NEWS, they should be exposing such scams, rather than promoting them. One pimp sells the kids for sex (the sex trade in Asia), while the other pimp sells the story of kids being forced to engage in sex (FOX NEWS O'Reilly Factor). Both are - how shall I put it? In the words of O'Reilly himself, nothing more than ?on the take?.

Editorial comment. If the Royal Thai police in Bangkok agree with Sheri Scott?s defence of them against what she calls their defamation by IJM, perhaps they and the other relevant Thai authorities will now cooperate with us in exposing the activities of IJM and certain other NGOs in Thailand.

And will Gary Haugen respond to Sheri Scott?s challenge to come forward and tell us exactly where the so-called thousands of child sex slaves in Bangkok are to be found? She is there and can check.

Also would he please respond to our examination of IJM?s financial accounts where we found only a small fraction received in grants and donations possibly going to charity?

http://www.inquisition21.com/index.php?module=announce&ANN_user_op=view&ANN_id=87

Hi,

"maybe because we have a certain system of legalities, due process, and all that."

Fair enough.

When I said "People like this" I was talking about people who do this kind of stuff, not people who may do this stuff.

This has nothing to do with lynchmb mentality as I am not about to run off and go find this guy. It has everything to do with utter disgust for people who prey on little kids like this.

Sanuk!

Wow what an article...disgusting both in terms of sensationalism,content and concept. Unfortuantely we ALL know these guys are out there but who knows about this particular fellow...

The printing of names like this is uh libelious in litginous Ahhhmericca and is ugly in and of itself.

If this guy is operating out of Pattaya which I frankly dont doubt well I hope kaw bai cook loueyiee

Nasty in general all of the way around :( :(

>I am sick of politically correctness. Fuck this pervert, take him out 'Goodfellas' style if this crap is true.

Silly post. The more "emotive" a subject is, the more (not less) sure you need to be before taking any action. Thats why we *do* and should have due process of law. If true, I agree, the punishment should be severe, but also within what we as a civilized society deem acceptable punishement (which is incarceration or execution, depending upon the crime, NOT castration and lynching).

Lets see, hmmmmm. I *heard* a poster on an un named board, with a handle along the lines of "fun-for-you" has a penchant for b*ggering little boys....Castration or exploration to find out if there is anything substantive in the accusation?

your call.

-j-

those sort of "articles" are written and published for two reasons - to get an emotional response by the readers, and to make easy money for the writer. oh, yeah, and to sell a rag. ;)

flyonzewall said:

those sort of "articles" are written and published for two reasons - to get an emotional response by the readers, and to make easy money for the writer. oh, yeah, and to sell a rag. ;)

That Rag article does seem suspect. Last night happened to catch a segment on Fox news about a Child Sex brothel in Cambodia they busted. The Rag article mentioned selling kids "as young as 12" - in this taped segment with a hidden camera they asked several of the "kids for sale" in this room their ages, one replied 4, and another 5, and if I heard right one was even 3 years old. They later showed the police busting the place and the kids being carried out cradled in each rescuer's arm (arm singular as needed only 1 arm to cradle them they were so small). They also showed the "perps", or owners who were running the place - mostly was older women, along with young seemingly teenage Cambodian guys as pimps.

Generally don't watch Fox too much as they seem to be sensationalistic but am glad Thailand wasn't part of this report at all.

In all my trips to LOS over the years never personally saw any type of Child Prostitution anywhere - of course wasn't looking for it and sadly I'm sure its there just like everywhere else. Once while in pattaya during early evening at the Best Friend Beer Bar complex a middle aged Falang was walking thru the many bars holding hands with what looked like a 9 year old Thai girl. Everyone, and I mean everyone stopped and looked at him like they were ready to pounce on him and kill him on the spot. One of the mamasans at the bar I was sitting at said that was his daughter (from his Thai wife)...

those sort of "articles" are written and published for two reasons - to get an emotional response by the readers, and to make easy money for the writer. oh, yeah, and to sell a rag

Spot on, Fly. I am confident that 90% of board members could pen this sensationalist claptrap blindfolded, simply inserting a few Thai names here and there. Whenever a writer needs to inform his readership that Pattaya is the 'Thai sex capital', you know he isnt writing for the New England Journal of Medicine ..........

The local version of People is filled with this sort of beatup, usually accompanied by a few file photos of children who may or may not be :

a. orphans

b. victims

c. Thai

Just for good measure, the editor will usually squeeze in a photo of a girl pole-dancing to illustrate what an incredibly evil den of sex perverts Pattaya (or wherever) is. The original article looks like a good basis for a Fiery Jack rework ::

Once while in pattaya during early evening at the Best Friend Beer Bar complex a middle aged Falang was walking thru the many bars holding hands with what looked like a 9 year old Thai girl. Everyone, and I mean everyone stopped and looked at him like they were ready to pounce on him and kill him on the spot. One of the mamasans at the bar I was sitting at said that was his daughter (from his Thai wife)...

Which is why I have a problem with the NGO's funding alarms and other unsubstantiated reporting.

Even here in NZ, when I go out with my 11 year old daughter, I attract disapproving looks of disgust from the Female Falangs of my species.

This is because they've seen the reports that indicate that Asian children the world over are are being buggered or raped by middle aged white men like me.

About 10 or 15 years ago in NZ the Feminist groups came out with a "study" that indicated that 1 in 4 fathers were involved in an incestuous relationship with their children. Despite finding that this so called study did not exist, the media thrashed the story for all it was worth. And even now, in divorce proceedings, unsubstantiated claims of incest are common from the the female side of proceedings ( I know a family court judge and she, yes she, says this only started happening after the incest reporting in the media ).

My point here is that people do believe what they see in the media and the middle aged man, seems to bearing the brunt of a lot of media prejudice these days. Imagine the outcry if we branded all members of a certain group as child molesters? Priests? Scoutmasters? Golf Pros? Fishermen? Accountants? Cake decorators? Nurses?

JMHO

and USVirgin - good post #382669

Cheers

Coss

Archived