CAMBO

Nervous_Dog

Not to be concerned Ikkrang.......... we save all the pukettes for special visiting wankers. :hubba:

The rest of you can have a regular bagette. Drop by and I'll tell you the story over a :beer:

BTW, PP is great place to escape for Songran if you want to escape the "Watermania" The town gets pretty quiet though as many places close and escape to the beaches ...... still an alternative for some.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ND,

say hello from me to LHL, the staff of the hotel and the girls in Shanghai opposite the hotel. If you go to Sharky's I can recommend you a good pool player (her name gives a hint of what more she's good at and send me a PM to get it). :grinyes:

:beer:

elef

Sadly I leave in two hours, was here for business only, and a bit of fun.

Vientianne has more interesting handicrafts I've decided, though the supplies at the pharmicies, and the antique (yeah! - but good forgery) opium pipe is cute.

DOG - OUCH, chipped a tooth on breakfast!

Nervous_Dog said:

Farang food is great, so much better than bangkok, forget price, a LOT cheaper, but I'd pay more willingly fo rthe quality of food here.

DOG

Farang food might be fine, but I had never anything local what came even close to Thai food. I found Khmer food mostly not very tasty and nothing for the eye neither. That's my only real complaint about Cambo....

I've had some really good Vietnamese food in Phnom Penh, upstairs restaurant, quite large, on the corner of a crossroad intersection some where in the middle of town. Forgot the name unfortunately.

Anyone know?

Cheers

Coss

Nervous_Dog said:

Yep - all the info above. President Air is about 1000 cheaper but I couldn;t find them to book!

DOG

I booked President Air through a travel agency on Soi 4 (JP Travel). It was at least 1000 baht cheaper than BKK Airways. Funny thing...the flights were code share and the plane and crew both ways was BKK Airways. :)

Hugh

Hi,

if you travel with Thai Airways to Bangkok and add Bangkok - Phnom Penh it's not so expensive - I think I paid 6,000 baht extra in february.

And the lounge in Phnom Penh is the best I've ever seen. :)

(I had a birthday upgrade on the return trip, all business seats were booked on the first leg.)

elef

Hugh_Hoy said:
Nervous_Dog said:

Yep - all the info above. President Air is about 1000 cheaper but I couldn;t find them to book!

DOG

I booked President Air through a travel agency on Soi 4 (JP Travel). It was at least 1000 baht cheaper than BKK Airways. Funny thing...the flights were code share and the plane and crew both ways was BKK Airways. :)

Hugh

Yes, all the agents can book President and it is about 1000 baht cheaper each way.

Be warned that they now use a twin turboprop and it is ALWAYS late. Since they don't pay the big bucks at Don Muang, it is parked out in a field at the end of the runways (well you get a grand tour on the way to the plane :) ) and there is no food.

The good news is that you only have to pedal half the way, the rest is downhill and since they don't fly very high, the view is good all the way. ::

Thanks for the update. I'll be following in your footsteps later this week.

I purchased a RT Bkk-PNH ticket with Bangkok Air for 7700 baht from a TA on Soi 5. The Arab/Muslim owned travel agencies on Soi 5 near Gullivers have always provided reasonably priced regional air tickets and good service.

President Air was 1000 baht cheaper at 6700 baht, but they only fly once daily, 4 days per week. The last time I flew with President Air, they cancelled the return flight, resulting in my sitting at the Pochetrang airport for 7 hours for a Bangkok Air flight that I was lucky to get on.

Bkk-Pnh RT tickets used to go for around 5000 baht when Royal Air Cambodge was also flying the route. RAC provided a good plane and great service.

Archived