Dutch Embassy seriously pissing me off

khunsanuk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BelgianBoy said:

You're trying to be the village idiot today ?

Whats your point ???

And where the fuck did I write, or even made to understand, that he deserves what he is getting with your stupid "som nam na" mention ?????

Whats your bloody point to even wanting to intervene here ?

I'm going to keep a reasonable tone instead of rising to your incindiary remarks with "village idiot", "fuck", and "bloody". I really think this post is a perfect reflection of your new attitude you deny to have.

Okay, let's take your "points".

BelgianBoy said:Of course it SHOULD not be, but because it is, one has to work the system.

Wrong. The system of standard operating procedures IS there. Especially in an embassy of an industrialized country. You just need to have all your i's dotted and t's crossed before you go in with guns blazing. As public servants they really do work for us.

It's attitudes like yours which LEADS the Thai's working at these embassies to ACT like pricks.

Case in point, when I was treated poorly by Thai staff at my embassy, I was going to let the Thai person have it when they got back to the window. I was wearing my heart on my sleeve and I'm sure the Thai staff knew what was going to happen if she came back to the window. I was then served by a counselor officer in a polite and professional way that I should have been treated in the first place.

BelgianBoy said:

And where the fuck did I write, or even made to understand, that he deserves what he is getting with your stupid "som nam na" mention ?????

Are you trying to be coy? the "nuf said I think..... " comment was definitely 'som nam na'.

Don't believe it, start a poll. But it's a spot on interpretation.

BelgianBoy said:

Whats your bloody point to even wanting to intervene here ?

Okay, let me try it again.

Aren't there better more positive things in life than starting and trying to win a "som nom nah" argument? Pouring more crap on someone's bad day by trying to tell him it's his own fault for not going earlier. Especially when the gist was more along the lines that the embassy is not acting appropriately.

My take is you're not going to "get" this as you haven't "gotten" many things I've said of recent.

But is this what life is about? I'd rather think of doing positive things than ranting, "bloody", "fuck" and "village idiot". Especially when they are uncalled for. I think anyone reading these couple of posts can easily understand what's going on.

<<burp>>

Last month onf of my friend left to go back to Canada and applied for a spouse visa for his wife (who's been to Canada before on tourist visa more than few times) .

For whatever reason her visa was declined, and then he declined and lost it at the embassy. I heard that embassy was ready to use the seurity guards to have him removed from the premise.

After few days, he applied for a tourist visa for his wife that was rejected.

He thinks he's on some sort of black list now ... :dunno:

I really wonder why every time I have to deal with Thai staff at Embassies there is a problem, yet when I deal with the Dutch staff things seem to go much smoother. And it ain't a language problem.

I certainly agree with you there. Most Thai staff at the western embassies I have had the experience in dealing with had very bad customer service skills in comparision with the western staff (for embassies of other countries it is usually the opposite!). However, this seems to be more reflective of Thai workers as a whole and I put it down to the education system.

I do think you have justifiable complaints regarding the asking for the bank statement the next day and only a single visa counter being open. However, the bank statement was fixed quickly by you faxing it to them - at least you didn't have to go in to give it to them in person. Who knows why the visa counter wasn't open - it could simply be shortage of staff, staff sick or on leave, but I think you have a reason to complain here at systematic problems. I don't see any specific thing for you to complain about the attitude of the staff.

You don't help the situation by calling them at the wrong time and demanding answers or going into the embassy to ask questions at the wrong counter. If you want the visa processed quickly it doesn't help that they are having to spend time dealing with your enquiries when they say you check the status of the application in the afternoon (I am assuming they make this clear on the information they give you, if this is not correct, then they should and I withdraw what I said).

Also, the Dutch girl you talked to said she doesn't know anything about visas, but you still kept on asking her help. Why? If you were wanting to visit a dying relative or for a funeral I would understand, but there doesn't appear to be anything special in your case and not related to her (I assume she was with the consular section looking after Dutch nationals). Then, you specifically went to the counter for picking up passports to ask a question when you knews you needed to wait in a different line. It is unfortunate you have applied for a visa during April which is usually the pick holiday season for Thais and when more people go aboard and apply for visas, but if you want to go to the embassy to ask a question, you must wait in the right line. Sure, I hate waiting in lines and the embassy should really have both counters open. Complain about that, but don't compound thing by doing what you did. It really won't help any complaint you want to make.

A visa in 3 working days is fairly quick though. I hope you both have a nice trip.

gummigut said:

I'm going to keep a reasonable tone instead of rising to your incindiary remarks with "village idiot", "fuck", and "bloody". I really think this post is a perfect reflection of your new attitude you deny to have.

I'll restate that your first post was totally unwarranted, and that my reply was a bit over the top.

You just get the best out of me I guess......

As for the rest, I wont bother to reply, you're just too prejudiced against me for me to bother anymore.

I'll just note that another member here thought I made 2 valid points, I did not see you chew his ass for that.

As for KS, good news. And have a good trip.

BB

>>As public servants they really do work for us.

It's attitudes like yours which LEADS the Thai's working at these embassies to ACT like pricks.<<

I was pondering this from my thinking room, taking #2 ...

This makes sense from theoretical perspective but how the embassy works is not that different from any other government agencies back in USA ... I mean, I never found decent help dealing with DMV, Social Security, IRS or other agencies (generally speaking) ... they were generally inefficient and unhelpful.

So I conclude that our actions do not impact how government workers perform ... they were just born that way!!!

Try dealing with the US Veterans Administration some time! They told me there was "nothing on my seperation physical". I DIDN'T HAVE A SEPERATION PHYSICAL!

A friend is medically retired from his injuries (wrecked his knees in the airborne). But VA told him there is nothing wrong with him! Huh? Then why does he has to wear braces on his legs and walk with canes, and why did they Army medically retire him.?

Bureaucrats! Too many of them regard everyone else as the enemy.

:(

Hi,

"Then, you specifically went to the counter for picking up passports to ask a question when you knews you needed to wait in a different line."

While I am willing to concede the point on asking the Dutch girl, I will not concede this one. I went to ask a quick question which she could have answered with a simple yes or no, yet instead she gave me attitude. Nice way to treat those paying your salary.

I am convinced that the majority of Thai staff see themselves as way above those coming to apply, whereas in truth they are public *servants* whose job it is to *serve* those applying for visas. I think it wouldn't hurt that they are reminded of that from time to time.

Sanuk!

Archived