DONT GO TO AFTER SKOOL

Nervous_Dog

I think I have seen the owners on a number of occassions (once while in the naughty corner the older bloke insisted on washing dishes in the sink beside me, very distracting)

However on both occassions neither was around, which adds to my thoughts neither know, and the staff take advantage

DOG

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no offense Nervous_doug.

After Skool is my first Bar when I hit Soi Cowboy.

I just read your comment on my way out and talked to John the manager about ..as many now (mostly Thai girls) he played in many Thai soap operas.

Anyway, he just remembered you straight away.

His comment was .. the girls told him ..this farang all the time problems with bill .. so as he said he sat close to you and your buddy..no other farangs in the bars and watched you and your buddy's ordering process..

They followed you up to Midnite bar .. where as he said your buddy handed over some cash to you .. police arrived 10 minutes later .. but as he said said they lost you.

He told me you are welcome back they have still your bill an file.

just what I got told .. nevertheles. I'm close friend with a lots of girls there. and I told them about your posting .. they didn't confirm to me what you posted.

I'm a very regular customer over the years there .. can't confirm at all what you are saying.

I read these postings about Money (Soi 33 - and yes I skip) ..etc.. and yes dirt sticks ... and this does my favourite bar not deserve.

Maybe you Get back there and settle..they don't mind getting the officals involved. they think you didn't pay what you and your buddy ordered.

Just the other site of the coin ???

I don't know , hard to beleave for me what you are saying.

Seems like 2k+ baht can't be spend only on lady drinks.

Jok dee na krap

Jack

Thanks for bringing another side to the story as there's always 2 sides :)

One thing that doesn't fit with my experience... When Thais feel they are in the right, for example this bill in question, they tend to go right to the wall unless faced with overwhelming opposition.

If the manager was there at that time, why didn't he approach JB and his friend? If he did, why did he back down and lower the tab only to try and find them later with the police?

That part doesn't make sense to me at all. If the manager felt he was right he wouldn't have let them leave so easily in the first place. Least that's what my past experience would indicate.

I'm not questioning what you were told Khun Jack, just the "facts" don't seem very logical to me.

<<burp>>

From my past experiances, all sides are plausible, but I know where I would bet my money. IMHO the Thai side aren't going to back down, I suggest just going back and paying and just F#ck them as they have decided they do not want your repeat custom.

It is just easier for Farang to walk away and not come back than start an argument.

The short sighted stupidity within the "nightlife" never ceases to amaze me.

Maybe this partly explains a lot of places with few customers? Don't they realise that Farang do talk to each other? and not just on the internet.

As previously said it does get especially annoying when something like this happens at a bar you like and you THOUGHT they knew you. (For me this amazes me as I am in my own words a damned good customer - last trip I even had a bar "threaten" another bar who they thought were stealing me through what they thought were "underhand" means (approaching me in the Toilet and when playing pool!)........ and I had not been back to Thailand for 2 years).

I don't usually know exactly what my bill is (too many lady drinks ::) but have a broad idea based on what time it is and how drunk I am! and I sometimes suspect it is a few hundred baht higher than it should be, but unless I know for sure I usually let it go, without saying (too) much.

If I believe they are trying it on (and I really like the place and am a repeat customer) I usually give them a second chance (Just in case I am wrong) - I only had to walk away from one place I really liked. I was more pissed off about losing what to then had been a good bar for me rather than the money - but apart from the point of principle, who the F~ck wants to go to a bar KNOWING you are likely to be cheated!

Having said the above I have been to quite a few bars ( :: ::) over the years where I am unknown, never had too many problems with the bills (If I do, I just do not go back) - I have even been known in the beer bars to point out when they have undercharged me by forgetting drinks or just not been able to add up correctly.................

Ooops - Mis-addressed!

Doesn't sound like the After Skool I know. I drink there fairly regularley, and am good mates with several of the girls, specially the ones who work behind the bar. Never had a problem in this bar. The pressure to buy rounds of lady drinks or tequilas can be a bit strong, but say no and the girls will accept it.

Have chatted to the owner a couple of times, and he runs a tight ship. The manager (old Swiss chap) can be a bit of an old woman, but he doesn't miss much.

The only times I have seen trouble has been when pissed up farangs have decided that they don't want to pay their bill.

gummigut said:

If the manager was there at that time, why didn't he approach JB and his friend? If he did, why did he back down and lower the tab only to try and find them later with the police?

<<burp>>

I was thinking the same exact thing. Doesn't make sense. If I'm the mgr. and a good customer is having a problem, I'd certainly want to help resolve an issue...even if the customer is wrong, if it isn't a great deal of money, kiss it off. Of course, a 1000 baht overcharge isn't a small amount for a tab that maybe should just be 1000 baht in the first place.

I, for one, have questioned a tab, forgetting a couple of lady drinks I'd approved (but forgot about). Happens sometimes. But I think I'd know if my bill was accidently or intentionally inflated...as most "seasoned" bar-hoppers would.

At any rate, SD said this happened TWICE in a short period of time. The manager's account only addresses one occasion.

Hugh (mak)

KhunJack said:

no offense Nervous_doug.

After Skool is my first Bar when I hit Soi Cowboy.

I just read your comment on my way out and talked to John the manager about ..as many now (mostly Thai girls) he played in many Thai soap operas.

sure it is your first bar as you must be a close buddy of the manager (coming from the same region: south germany or austria) or you ARE the manager!?!?

of course it can happen that some farangs in a party mood ordering some drinks for various girls get surprised about a high bill (but Nervous Dog is a experienced Sanuker and i do not think this would happen to him) and complain and make a lot of noise. But why did you....sorry, the manager not try to sort this out as he was (as you stated) close to the complaining guests.

certainly it can happen that there are quite some misunderstandings between the guests and girls about the number of drinks ordered (but again i do not think that this would happen to Nervous Dog), but the manager of this bar has been around in SC for so many years (was manager in our place before) and he also speaks some thai, so he should be able to handle such a situation in a more appropriate way!

Archived