Luck and Bareback

Man not using protection is definitely playing with fire.

HIV not easy to get. Give me a break. Tell that to the 9 year old boy who lives next to my in-laws in Chiang Rai. His mother worked in the bar got HIV, left the bar married a Thai man gave him HIV and her unborn son also.

Needless to say they are both dead now and the boy suffered a stroke that basically fried his brain. He lives with his grandparents who are dirt poor. I usually slide them some money for him when I go there.

If you ever see this type of stuff your whole attitude would change about being careful. I guess you haven't seen up close what this shit can do, not only to the person with HIV but everyone else around them.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krml,

I know a bunch of people who died of aids... incidently over the last few years they seemed to be people in irregular situation in Europe who couldn't get a decent medical treatment or poor blokes in thailand; Beeing poor in Asia sucks, that's why I'm going back... and aids more and more seems to be dealt with in rich countries...

Random, will shed a tear for the victims, when he'll get more free time...

"Tell that to the 9 year old boy who lives next to my in-laws in Chiang Rai"

Most of you guys are over-sensibilised with HIV.

Twenty five children die per minute of various diseases related to malnutrition, four per minute of paludism, ect, ect. World is cruel and unfair for 3/4 of its population ; it's a sad reality.

Once more, if you worry for yourself, you'd better worry about what is REALLY dangerous for mid-aged westerners : alcohol (64 000 deaths in France last year) and tobacco.

"I know of 5 people who have the disease. 125000 new HIV cases this year. Add that to the million other thais that have it. 1 in 60 baby!!! 1:60 ".

According to the Ministry of Public Health there were 19,000 new cases in 2003. Thats less than 1 in 3000.

I am not suggesting I would like to be one of them but 19000 is quite different from 125000.

And of these 100 half fuck around and have nor problem fucking a well paying farang..

someone told tales of the 80"s where HIV was either Home or drugs related, Nowaday the majority of HIV infected are poor people, and the partner of thos poor people.

No do ya think you GF is rich?

so when fucking around, 1:200 that she has HIV, bu a WAY larger change, becuase we fuck around in the areas where HIV is REAL: prostitution of the cheaper kind

think about that chance

Both you and Tiger Moth are sort of right giving half the equation. Thai NGO's and AIDS activists estimate over 500,000 people are living infected right now with either HIV or AIDS. However, Ministry of Public Health estimates only that around 150,000 people are in need of treatment. The reason they specify treatment as opposed to infections is they are working on more anti-retrovirals right now [but claim only around 200,000 are infected]

The infection rate, or new cases, last year was only around 20,000 people countrywide. Its not as substantial as the big fall-off during the "golden years" of Meechai or Mr. Condom, but its still a hell of alot lower infection rate than the years when the number rocketed up to over half-a-million :doah:

So, if the high estimate is true around 0.7% of Thais have HIV/AIDS or around 0.2% as the low. Not a daunting number, but no reason to go looking to die. But what you are criticizing here is marketing and PR campaigns by governments and ad agencies i.e. morons intent on manipulating the public.

Remember: "This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs." the egg frying in the states. Great imagery just like the necklace in the fish, but utterly stupid.

Cheers,

the_numbers

Fly_Baby_Fly said:

...becuase we fuck around in the areas where HIV is REAL: prostitution of the cheaper kind

Not hardly. We farang play with the "high end call girls" of Thailand. The low end girls screw many Thai guys for B100/day in some remote area. Or B300 for a skanky 'ho street walking near Lumpini...

I would submit that girls in the farang areas sleep with 1/10 the number of customers (and still make a lot more money than) their low end sisters.

Cheers,

SD

"I am not suggesting I would like to be one of them but 19000 is quite different from 125000. "

That was the number that was released about 10 days ago. The ministry of health is now saying that is it becoming a epidemic again and it is the highest increase since the 140,000/year peak in 1991. (Heard the Minister of Health giving a message about it on Radio Thailand (MCOT) Sorry cant find any link). Mind you most of the increase was in the gay population with an estimated increase to about 28%

You are also quoting the 2003 figure which may have a huge Bias since Thailand hosted the 2004 HIV world conference and knowing this government they would have put up the best face as the world host

2003- web page ]1million =More than 700,000 people are living with HIV-AIDS in Thailand, and some 300,000 have already died of the disease[/url]

But people will find the best number that fits what they want. If the guy wants to screw without a condom I am sure he can find some fact that says Thailand is now HIV free because of the latest TRT crackdown. Nothing anyone says will change anyone's mind. But I would have zero sympathy for any farang who gets the disease after 20 + years of HIV eduation.

so the advert relates to Taiwan, but assuming that was a Thai TV station who would it relate to and where? your housewife or your short/long time princess?

I think the country would be rife with potentially uncovered HIV and given the often transient nature of working girls who originate from and return to the country I'd be weary, your city girl who maybe in uni trying to make a few extra bucks will have better education and possibly be cleaner but then again she may demand a condom, hence...

I dont care, safe sex is very important to me, not saying I allways practised it but I think i'm young enough and a have a quality of life worth cherishing...

FA..

Archived