Luck and Bareback

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ptyrider,

Although I sympathise with the loss for your friend Arthur, I don't sympathise at all with the fact that although he was HIV positive he continued to have unprotected intercourse as long as possible, thus probably infecting a few ladies.

Absolutely unexcusable.

I'm surprised nobody else picked up on this and just takes it for granted. Is this "self denial" from other boardmembers?

limbo,

I'm with you 110% on this. Was just reading the thread and had very similar thoughts to what you have just expressed.

Absolutely unexcusable.......I'd go even stronger....Bloody criminal...

Not wishing to speak ill of the departed, BUT, acts like this only reinforce the need to ensure care is taken and risks are minimized....

This guy's actions may be representative of a very small percentage of players, but one like this is 10 too many IMHO

Just hope he didn't share "His Girls" with "His friends" !!!!!

:rip:

Nervous_Dog said:

A bit of a technicality, but yes, AIDS doesn;t in itself kill you but creates a inviroment for opportunistic diseases to kill you.

So - without AIDS, the person wouldn;t die most likely of the same disease that kills you.

SO Does AIDS kill, fuck the technicality, it does!

As a side note, many people who are in hospital for cancers and other diseases often die of something opportunisitic, don;t see any raising that technicality

DOG

Yes dog, AIDS kills, but the point being an Aquired immune deficiency syndrome has always killed people regardless of HIV.

The point is in having AIDS you can only be killed by these opportunistic infections. It may well be a technicality but in science if you make assumptions, spread half truths or ignore what may seem by some to be technicalities you end a long way from where you want to be, a little like when children play a game of chinese whispers at a party.

No, you're not the only ones. I actually am concerned about HIV. I just don't think going bareback and NOT catching HIV is the SAME odds as buying a fish in the market, cleaning it at home and finding a wealthy gold and diamond necklace inside it. That's just crazy.

Paul Michael Glazer (Starsky out of Starsky and Hutch)'s wife contracted HIV via a blood transfusion in 1981. It wasn't until their daughter became ill in 1988 that she discovered she'd got the virus. That's a lot of gold necklaces for Starsky, let alone the rest of us who aren't even sure our partners even have HIV!

Hey, maybe that's where Huggy got all his gear. And all those boxes in the car chases - full of fish.

PMG may be circumcised (Jewish I think) so may have a mass of scar tissue where other men have the delicate and sensitive membranes under the foreskin.

This membrane works in conjunction with the immune system by trapping pathogens within for long enough that the body can prepare antigens. The virus can't cross the scar tissue, but can cross the membrane and uses it to hijack the immune cells.

Archived