Travel safety tips

khunsanuk

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how safe is thailand for people who try to smuggle drugs into your luggage either at the airport or your hotel room?

From reading all the travel tips, it doesn't give you a great deal of confidence that gangs or drug lords would try to put drugs in your luggage for you to transport them for the gangs

• 2 months later...

Maybe to our European friends Thailand may seem dangerous but coming from Oakland California,Thailand is just a walk in the park for me.I really take no notice of crime when I am in Thailand.

Every day in my hometown there or unsolved killings shooting assults,rapes muggings you name it.Compared to Oakland Bangkok is nothing

Thats true where ever you or in the World.You can be in the wrong place at the right time anywhere.Just got to use common sense to avoid problems,don't wear jewelry flash money,avoid walking alone and drunk.

I think if you follow these simple steps Bangkok should be ok

Maybe to our European friends Thailand may seem dangerous but coming from Oakland California,Thailand is just a walk in the park for me.I really take no notice of crime when I am in Thailand.

Every day in my hometown there or unsolved killings shooting assults,rapes muggings you name it.Compared to Oakland Bangkok is nothing

How many international tourists were killed in the Bay area last year? My point is since you don't read Thai newspapers or watch Thai news broadcasts you are not aware of the level of violent crime.

• 5 months later...

Don't leap off tall buildings, if you run out of money. Most of us have passports that Thais would give their left tit or testicle to own. 6 months work and save in farangland, can pay for 12 mths sanuk in Pattaya.

For a second there, I thought the idea was that if all else was lost, you could sell your passport. Heh heh. Don't worry, I get it. Go back and work.

....Don't leap off tall buildings, if you run out of money. Most of us have passports that Thais would give their left tit or testicle to own. 6 months work and save in farangland, can pay for 12 mths sanuk in Pattaya.

But a crazy way to live your life. Work six months to live in LOS for a year? Maybe once or twice when you're young, but after that either get a decent job in LOS or work elsewhere (and visit) and build a career so that one day you don't discover you're old and penniless.

Archived