What team should I like?

Old Hippie

O.k. good suggestions. But in orderto be a "supporter" I should probably know something about the city they come from...research...I'll start with a map...it might help to know where England actually is as well, so maybe a globe...? Anyway, I am excited about all this.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here you are OH.......

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/

read the history link,not a big or successful club but one of the oldest in the UK.

promoted as Champions last Season and going strongly again so far this Season.

they have the largest pitch in the Football League.

start at the bottom and work up instead of the other way round.

it depends what you want.......

do you want to be a glory hunter and choose a Team which has been successful for many Years?.

or do you want to pick an upcoming Team or one which has a good Season every know and then?.

easy to pick Chelsea,MU or Liverpool,forget about Arsenal.........losers.

so far this Season Pompey,Reading and Everton are doing well,but i think most People here will agree that they will slip down the table as the Season goes on.

i have always had a soft spot for West Ham.

not a great Team but good support and a good tradition.

a Team which appeals to locals and Families.

always had a good Youth Academy and have nurtured many Players from young ages.

but they fucked up a few Years ago by sacking the Man who bought the kids along.

since Redknapp left they have sold many of their Players who have commanded £millions in transfer fees since.

they seem to be a Team which bring on the kids and then because of finances have to sell.

a mid table Team most Seasons but a well run small and friendy team and based in London which might suit you.

almost won the FA Cup last Season..........

merchandise no problem but expensive.

i have fond memories of visiting the Boleyn Ground many Years ago.

must PM you,need some info.

I was leaning towards Liverpool, but then I recalled Carabao does a song in a Beer Chang Commercial (anyone know the song?) where a guy is kicking a soccer ball through town, whilst wearing an everton "kit" so now I am thinking that...and as I used to "support" Beer Chang in other ways, it is a good way to keep on...

I support my home town team, the same as my dad does and my grandfather did, it was (and still is) a family tradition.

Coming from Salford the Team happens to be Manchester United. The 74-75 season was the one when I saw more games than any other and that was the season we were in the old second division so gloryhunter tag does not apply.

I admit to keeping an eye out for Reading results now, my local pub in Pattaya is the unofficial home of Reading Supporters Club Thailand, Steve Coppell (Reading Manager Ex-Man Utd player) has been coming to Pattaya in the summer for the last few years now and has made my local bar his local.

Archived