It was faked!

Flashermac

And that is the problem with the Nuremberg Tribunal argument that obeying orders is not an excuse. Disobeying orders can be unrealistic under a totalitarian government. What do you do when you know you will be killed yourself if you disobey? How many people are willing to give up their own life under such circumstances?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've mentioned before that one of my profs had been a US Army observer at the trials. He felt it was something of a farce. He said that some of the Soviet judges probably deserved to be on trial just as much as the top Nazis did. And before the trials began, it had been clearly stated that no alleged Allied war crimes could be investigated, only those by the losers.

In WWII xx millions perished (of many nationalities, Jews and non-Jews alike)

Stalin got rid of a few million "dissidents"

Pol Pot did his best in nearby Cambodia.

There was the Armenian genocide, the Ruanda genocide, the Dafur genocide, the Mostar genocide, the extermination of all 20 thousand inhabitants of the French city of Beziers on July 22, 1209 as ordonned by Pope Innocentus III and executed by Arnaud-Amaury, the Abbot of Citeaux commanding the Holy Army in the difficult task of cleaning the Catholic religion from some heretics, even considering most of the inhabitants of Beziers

were Catholics in fact. (this before the Crusades masacred some more infidels.

Not to forget the siege of Massada near the Death Sea, now Israel, by the Imperial Roman army.

Want some more?

Who does not have blood on his hands? :alert:

I concur can we just get on with life now!!!

Archived