Help me find a name for my Bar (Big Award package)

ChristianTroy

Totally agree with the music being too loud in many venues, cant understand why bar owners in LOS cant wake up and see that it hurts there business. Just think some thai DJs in bars have no idea what songs they are playing. Its easy for them to play what is popular, top 40 etc. But if there playing retro 80s or 90s, they seem clueless.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't even bother with a DJ at all. Why not just a jukebox or mp3 player? It would take about 5 minutes a day to put together an mp3 playlist that would last the whole night. There's one bar in soi 6 with a computer in the corner so the customers can choose their own music.

It was once the idea to let the customers choose the music but that the girls need their songs to perform the shows! A DJ is needed because there might be delays with the shows or maybe the girl who was supposed to perform is barfined or sick, it still needs a human brain to push the play button!

Yes!!! Thai DJs suck big time if you don't kick them in the ass and tell them what to play!

The worst DJ of all times is at The Sea Agogo, he plays every night a mix of trance and techno, the girls can't move to it and the customers are in average 55yo! I am sure Grandpa is happy to hear his favorite techno tunes! If there is a bar that has no concept they should at least consider to play songs that grooves.

My point exactly, bars in LOS have to know there clientelle and cater the music to them, while not losing focus on the music stylings of the bar. You cant keep everybody happy, but stick with something and do it good. Its odd how so many bars play a mixture of like 5 music genres and its total chaos to the ears. Picking songs that are impossible to dance to seems pointless unless it is a classic sing a long song that everybody knows and will drink many drinks while listening.

Anyway, I didnt want to take this thread off course so I will start a new one... Cant wait to drink and listen to tunes in SIN CITY CT..

Ah, good - now that CT's off the thread, we can all say what we REALLY think about the new bar name!

Hmmm, just some afterthoughts... I know the vote has been decided and 'Sin City' it is - and I'm possibly forfeiting 2 free drinks if I was entitled to them but if it was my club I'd have to think twice about giving it a provocative name of implied debauchery like that. After all, 'Eden Club' didn't name themselves 'F*ck Central'.

Something like 'Splash Club' would have been my pick. More subtle, less to live up to and could only impress if you're a good operator, which I'm sure you are. My 2 satang.

Anyways, best wishes for the new venture CT, I'll make sure I call in next time I'm in Pattaya... :thumbup:

Okay, I'm not even going to try to catch up reading this one. :) Here's mine:

1. Blue Dolphin Agogo ***

2. The Beach (actually - just ... Beach Agogo) *

3. Fishermens Cove (The Cove or just Cove Agogo)

4. Blue Pacific

5. Bait Shop

6. Blue Angels

7. C-Angels

8. Tropical Heat

9. Raw Bar **

10. Aphrodisiacs

11. Aphrodites (sp?)

12. Hooked/Hooks/Hook's

13. Captain Hook's

14. The Swimming Hole (get it?) :)

15. Cheap Charlie's Seafood