Mississippi Bridge collapse

Torneyboy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so sure about the Canadian engineers, but we sure have the Mexician workers :)

I see this bridge thing as just bad luck, there did not seem to be any warning , all the inspections did not show anything drastic needing to be fixed,

But it makes great TV, and thats what runs this country !

OC

The overall problem is the country is so big and the money grabbing so extensive that nothing can get done. No one person, like a president can do anything about it and the special interests run the nation because political campaigns have gotten so expensive than individual donors can not finance you anymore, its the deep pockets of speical interests. Corporations, unions, industry lobbyists, etc.

The fault lies in all of us here in the states. There are just too many people disinterested and uninformed.

And do not forget the idiotic tax cuts without any change in spending. Too many people want to have all the perks of civilization, but refuse to pay for it (ya, I'm talking about the GOP)...

Regards,

SD

Well here is an interesting take. I have a friend that is a construction worker. She is in the union and has worked on several other bridges in MPLS. She crosses the bridge that collaped every day. She noticed a couple of things. As she was driving along she saw the workers cars parked, and noted that non of them had Minn. plates. They where all from southern states. She also noted that virutaly all of the workers where hispanic. I know I know dont flame the messenger. Being the union person she is she wondered why no locals where not on the job. She also noted that there was a "huge" hole that had been jackhammered out of on section of the surface. Larger than was the norm. She also noted that they had up to 12 people on jackhammers at the same time. and could feel the vibration of them. This brings up an old story that Tesla claimed that with the right frequancy you can bring down virutaly any structure. Just food for thought.

Archived