Need some advice again guys...much appreciated.

junglesoup

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I ve heard of people talking about hearing of 5 cases of HIV in the last 18 months...and he hadnt heard of any for 8 years before that...his theory which I think might have some validity is that alot more Nigerians and sub saharan guys are populating Sukhumvit late night. I certainly saw alot. I think alot of these guys dont care about condoms...

And the figures I ve heard about people not knowing they have it is, that for every 2 people who know they have it,1 person doesnt. So 33 percent of HIV people dont know. This was figures from AIDSmap website. I m sure it varies alot from country to country but I reckon these are accurate enough.

Thats right contact Meechai and use a positive approach.Emphasize the validity and strength of your relationship and friendship as a couple. She needs to educate herself about HIV and empower herself

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! For the time being put your fears regarding your future together aside,get her tested and hang together though this. She does and will need you. She is scared. She deserves 100% just like she is giving you now.

My thoughts are with you. I was worried about this post...

I post the above advice knowing it is difficult to do any or all of it...sigh ...goodluck

junglesoup, I think you need to get to Thailand ASAP and sort everything out for your girlfriend. It sounds like she feels very alone and confused at the moment and needs your help. I doubt she'll have the courage to take the HIV test without you there. Couldn't you just book a £500 return ticket to Bangkok and be with her for a couple of weeks and get her HIV test done at Bumrungrad or somewhere? I'm sure the doctors there can refer her to support groups and give her advice about how it will affect her life. It will lift a great burden off your shoulders to know that she's sorted and then you can think with a clearer mind about how your relationship develops.

Some very good advice in this thread so far.

I hope she is not at risk for suicide but it seems to be especially prevalent among Thai's judging by what I see on the local news here. If she knows you are on your way to help her deal with everything, it might help.

"I salute you for your honor! "

I'll second that one. I hope that she tests negative and that two can sort out your feelings. What about a home test kit to establish results followed up by a visit to a hospital for a second opinion?

I don't know enough about the home kit to say it is 100% accurate but it may help in getting her to see a doctor.

A negative home result would help to remove the stigma of people finding out.

A positive home result could help sharpen the point of 'hey you need to take action'.

Good luck.

Also she has a lot of heart...you may not ever find a better catch.

Maybe I have missed something here but the way I understand it is she hasn't even been tested yet. Very difficult to offer advice before she even has been tested. As for you JS you need to make your decision based on the result of her test and not get ahead of yourself.

Maybe I have missed something here but the way I understand it is she hasn't even been tested yet. Very difficult to offer advice before she even has been tested. As for you JS you need to make your decision based on the result of her test and not get ahead of yourself.

Yes, thats true, but I m just preparing for the worst, so that I can reassure her with all the facts if need be...

I spoke to her on the phone today for 2 hours. She was playing with her niece. She is very brave, and she said she isnt worried about the disease, more what people will think...

I m going to go and see her. Its just I m under pressure at home at the moment. My father builds property and he really needs me to finish something off while he is in Canada...if I go to Thailand now, he will be pretty pissed. Especially with the way things are in the housing market,ie, try and get them sold as soon as possible,before a crash. You see I havent told them about me, and I ve decided not to...so I cant really go right now. But she knows I m coming to see her...

My phone is on 24 hours a day. And I call her anytime, even if she sends me an sms at 4.00am. She seems to be doing ok, and we were joking on the phone and laughing. So I pointed out, that I m still the same person, and can laugh still. Things really dont have to change. I told her thats she will still be the same great person, and she said she understands. She also knows that she will get the best treatment there is...

I told her no one needs to know, and that if worst comes to worst she will still live longer than her mum. Her dad isnt around. He is from Saudia ARabia.

I told her its better to prepare for the worst...I dont know if that was the right thing to do, but in my case when I finally did find out, the shock was bad, but not so bad. The biggest problem with this disease is the stigma. I think when people become more educated about it, it will be much easier to live with this.

Thanks again for the great advice.

Archived