Vietnam-Saigon

Old Hippie

I did the tunnel thing a while ago - a mate of ine is very claustrophobic - he didn't make it into the hole let alone tunnel.

I did a 100 meter strech - which is pretty rare for people to do - it gets very dark etc and damp clay soil

HOWEVER

When I came up - he said that was pretty good would I like to see a tunnel the Vietnamese used not widened for the white people.

I squeezed down a hole - could hardly get into the tunnel - would never have made it - so small! Made you realize how small the average Viet was!

That was scary

Thank you. I pick up my Visa tomorrow here in SFO. I still don't really have a plan. the big pain in the ass is the booking policy of Air Asia, which is 1/2 of Thai airways...Once I Land in BKK, I will sort it all out. Thanks again.

So don't take 'em back to your hotel... go short time. The hotel she will take you back for the short time will have no problem if you want to stay long time. But the downside to that, of course, is that your luggage, toiletries etc are at a different hotel. And the short time hotel might not be as nice as the hotel you chose to stay in yourself.

I have to say, the girls are pretty but they're not as friendly as Thai girls. You'll see what I mean when you walk in. You'll get 10-20 lovelies doing anything to lure you in but, as soon as you're in, most will sit down and play with their phones rather than interact. It's very weird. They complain about lack of customers and lack of "luck" yet they don't seem to grasp the fact that playing, joking, smiling or even looking at customers might help them!

This kind of goes for Viet girls as a whole, I found. You don't get the same smiles even with normal girls that you'll get with Thais. I'll have to learn Vietnamese, I guess, for that.

Bibblies, I havent been to Vietnam, but this is almost identical to my experience in KL - bar full of girls that werent interested in having anything resembling a good time, just a profitable time. I mentioned the exceptions in various posts, and thank God for Filipinas, but the majority of that bar looked like they had just come from a funeral. Same-same the tragic brothel I made the mistake of visting a few years back in Jakarta : might as well have been on death row at Sing-Sing. (To be fair, this isnt representative of your average Indo gal - I had to evade my 'carer' and go looking for something in daylight).

Again, I do put the whores on a pedestal, but isnt it in our best interests to see that both 'sides' have a good time ? Laugh at ourselves, buy them a drink, play the freakin' game, even if you arent interested in the GFE. I know - the laughs dry up pretty quickly when the wallet snaps shut, but I could have bought that entire bar in KL a drink and I doubt it would have improved the overall mood - low season really bites hard at the Beach Club.

If the worst thing that happens to me in the next 6 months is that a girl has a laugh at my expense, I consider myself blessed (ok, assuming she isnt holding my wallet whilst laughing :smirk: )

As I've said before, isnt 'Sanuk' the name of the game ?

:grin: :grinyes::grinyes::grinyes: :grin:

To be fair, some warmed up a little after I'd at least taken them for a bj in the backroom. :)

Also, I think they'd be warmer if the communication was better, if I could speak Vietnamese. I'm not sure if I can compare the experience fairly now I know enough Thai to build some rapport. I can't remember back to what the experience was like when I knew nothing.

Others warmed up when I talked to them for longer. The Viets are harder to get to know, I think but maybe a little more genuinely friendly deep down?

Just looked back at the MooNoi report. I remember reading it for reference. Prices are up a little, I think, but the girls I knew sipped their cola slowly rather than skulled it. One annoying thing to be prepared for though is them asking for silly tips if you choose not to go any further than drinks. Apparently the bars don't pay them commission on the drinks (which is one reason why the girls aren't very pro-active, I think :doah: ) But it costs you. So it can be irritating that girls ask, quite aggresively, for $10 just for sitting with them for a few minutes! (Result: I tended not to buy any girl drinks unless I had a good long look and pretty much decided she was fuckable. Bars are really shooting themselves in the foot here. They have few enough customers as it is. :shakehead )

I also found it difficult to reconcile handing over $10 for nothing when, for not much more, I could get a bj! :crazy:

When are you going, OH? I might go back soon. A rather sexy Viet girl is emailing me... :)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived