Useless Posts

unit731

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's probably a concentration issue mainly.

He goes off to get another, pauses, thinks "Why did I come in here?" and the whole internet thingy gets lost in the process. Happens to me all the time...

I'm hoping for sturm with a little less drang tonight.

(It's a bit like those people sitting by the roadside in 'Close Encounters' waiting for the aliens with their flasks and butties)

I was munching on some dried apricots yesterday afternoon (good source of Vit A and potassium) whilst watching the 2nd round of the Johnny Walker Championships at Gleneagles, Scotland on the TV (Paul Lawrie, former Open champion leading by 2 at the halfway mark) when I came across one apricot that looked exactly like a pair of pussy lips! I can't say for sure but I think I chewed a bit longer on that one. ;)

Coincidentally, a bit later in the evening I was watching The Weakest Link (a game show hosted by Anne Robinson) and one of the questions was where are the Kings Course, the Queens Course and the PGA Centenary Course (venue for the 40th Ryder Cup in 2014) and of course the answer was Gleneagles, Scotland. However the contestant obviously wasn't a golfer and got it wrong. :doah:

Yep everyone can play golf - some better than others... could be argued for all sports and games. I played rugby at high school, and I was TINY - and pretty crap at it but my name was on the "team" list. Lucky I was a fast runner otherwise those big lads would have eaten me alive.

or team work involved.

No team work=no sport OH? So singles tennis isn't a sport? Squash? Swimming? Track and Field? Marathon running? Weightlifting? Boxing? Muay Thai? Hopscotch? Marbles.... hehe

Different kind of sport yes, I agree. One people can play until they are past retirement age (my grandfather stopped at 80+). I would say it's a sport which requires more finesse and judgement rather than brute strength and fitness.

Archived