soi 22 update

hooper

Went soi 22 on saturday wow! buisness really down from this time last year.Looking round usaul places seemed quiet all over, cowboy doing o.k,extended happy hours may of helped, nana too many tourists and female ones,i find quite distrubing its not o.k imo for them to be allowed to enter.I have been living here for 8 years and always enjoyed hitting bkk every now and then don t know but things have changed a little too much for the worst.

Went soi 22 on saturday wow! buisness really down from this time last year.Looking round usaul places seemed quiet all over, cowboy doing o.k,extended happy hours may of helped, nana too many tourists and female ones,i find quite distrubing its not o.k imo for them to be allowed to enter.I have been living here for 8 years and always enjoyed hitting bkk every now and then don t know but things have changed a little too much for the worst.

Agree with u bro!

I've got to get out more often.

Is this section of town listed in Lonely Planet?

I'm sure the Queens Park Hotel is, and anyone getting out of a cab in front of that monster of a hotel wont have any trouble spotting the small bar and massage parlor complex opposite. I have eaten at the little restaurant in the middle far too many times, but its always good Thai food at a reasonable price. To be honest, I often wondered how some of the bars in that complex stayed open, as they seemed to have so few customers when I walked past (anywhere from 6pm to 2am over a 2 month period). Compared to Hua Hin, Soi 22 and Nana were shockingly quiet this trip - many of the girls went back to 'their country' - but I am getting reports of the odd girl drifting back, some with stories of making good money in places like Korea and Singapore. Maybe whoring is recession proof if you are prepared to travel and can handle kimchi-breath. ;)

Overall, Soi 22 represents a more laidback destination than Nana or Cowboy, IMO, but the bar bill can still add up quickly. The most stunning girls I have seen on this trip have all been in the village - the working girls all seem a bit shell shocked. Even the massage nazis are barely able to plead 'massaaaaage, sir ?' as I weave past them on my way to the hotel.

Gobble

Archived