Tokyo

Interesting the changes in just a couple of months due to the economy. People are not going out on weekdays anymore. And many more homeless sleeping on the streets. :(

But still very fun. The hilites (I won't bore you with work) were the nice find of a Russian place to eat (outstanding) and the usual silliness of Harajuku and Kabuki-cho.

1246467814-P1010517.jpg

My last night would be the best. People watching at its finest. At one point, we had a group of Japanese come into the bar: one guy in traditional "pyjamas," a gal, with a severely permed "poodle"-do, dressed in a shiny rayon jumpsuit with a YMCA-esque motorcycle-guy cap and a katoey who wasn't fooling anyone. To add to the other one who wasn't fooling anyone either LOL! But such is Golden Gai and why I love it so.

Pick the katoeys LOL:

1246467917-P1010533o.jpg

This is Japan and everyone is accepted (I *love* that!) and allowed to be what they are.

And as usual, Rock Bar: Mother in Kabuki-cho is the place to be. And yes, "mother" is a very cute 30-something J-girl. Tho' this pix is *very* unflattering, she is so hot-n-cool (and really, trust me, very attractive) that I'd marry her tomorrow!

1246468126-P1010523o.jpg

I did find a new "scam" in Harajuku, and spent a fun day shopping for Ms Vampy (who can't live without Harajuku fashion LOL). Ya see, she is more petite that the average J-gal, so even a J-small is usually big on her. So I got up enough Japanese language and nerve to get the shop-girls to model clothes for me. I'd pick a shop with a very petite sales gal, and ask. After a couple of tries, I got the request down, and they were more than happy to entertain me! Fun, fun! My own fashion show. Some would even volunteer to show me things I didn't pick. Cool! Here's one of the shops.

Here's a typical Harajuku shop. Looking at those clothes makes me horny as Ms Vampy fills them out so fine!

1246467717-P1010530o.jpg

All-n-all a good trip, biz and socially.

Next month, a few board members ate going to be in Tokyo for a couple of weeks (July 22-Sug7). Join us....or check the police blotters for info then LOL!

BTW, my fav weird sign from this trip. Al Capone's fav yakitori spot????

1246468481-P1010532o.jpg

Cheers,

SD

Here's a typical Harajuku shop. Looking at those close makes me horney as Ms Vampy fills them out so fine!

Cheers,

SD

Now I know why Old Hippie doesn't mind those Tokyo layovers when he can't get a connecting flight. He goes shopping ! (For himself.) :D

HH

I this the (Karaoke) bar at the entrance to Golden Gai, when coming from Kabukicho? If yes then I know the bar. I spend there my last night in Tokyo two years ago.

BTW, will you be in Tokyo during the second week of August?

One more pix, of a scene I love about Japan. Here's a pisshead passed out nearby a bar. No one will bother him, steal from him or whatever. Viva la Japan!

1246471450-P1010536o.jpg

And yes, there is street food in Tokyo. Highly recommended.

1246471524-P1010537o.jpg

And just the people watching. Besides the passed out drunk above, here's a guy wearing his bag around his head. LOL! Very typical at any time after 2200, actually. No one gets more obviously *pissed* than our Japanese bros!

1246471621-P1010539o.jpg

Cheers,

SD

Archived