Reliable info in thai on sexual health

Encore

I realise that my pre-occupation with this subject may make me look silly, but I want to pursue this.

I had a long talk with Noi ("my little massage girl") yesterday about risk and disease. Well, long is a big word, limited by my far from perfect Thai, en the fact we had a couple in the cubicle nextdoors.

Basically she said:

"But I don't really know much about all this. All I know is that when I started work 6 months ago, one of the older girls took me aside and said: "if you have sex, always use a condom, otherwise you may get sick. And boss makes us go to the doctor for a check-up every month.

Before I came to Pattaya I had never been away from Sakhon Nakon, and nobody talks about these things there. I had only one boyfriend, who left me while I was pregnant, and he never used condoms".

Well, that explains why she got pregnant at 19, having lost her virginity only a few months earlier!

I am aware my Thai isn't good enough to be technically correct to give her the information she needs, except to say "Use condom' or you risk getting sick and dying", but I'd like to provide her with more correct info.

Options:

1. A nurse-educator as we would use in farangland . But where to find that in pattaya?

2. A clear, no nonsense educational book on anatomy, sexual health etc. I know those exist in the West, but how do I find one in Thai language in Pattaya?

3. Maybe a thai website that gives all this info. I know I found one four years ago when a housekeeper of ours got into trouble, but for the life of me I cannot find it back now.

Anyone here who can help me find these resources?

CTO >Didn't you post something similar in another thread?<

I may have mentioned the issue, but didn't ask for info.

Bust >that caters for Burmese.<

thank you, but my Burmese is not all that hot, neither is hers

Shygye >Cabbages and condoms<

Their site doesn't show any resources. If they have any, I would like to think they'd advertise them on their site. OK, I'll drop in when I'm in BKK to Suk soi 10(?)

Went there with a former GF once, about an abortion....

I looked in a Thai bookshop yesterday. Asked for section about 'health education'

200 books about nutrition, diet, slimming, beauty,yoga, babies, child care, color therapy. One book called 'the body', which skated around human reproduction without touching on the subject of sexual health.

Pikers!

Well - it seems Mr Condom and I share some common ideas about rural development - we worked for a short time after Tsunami on a project idea for a community in Krabi area.

Interesting as it was the first time I got to see up close how jealous and territorial NGO's are - and how much money was wasted building brick boxes for houses (so they wouldn't wash away next time) that no one would live in.

Nice people apart from all that. They attract some very good people.

Archived