A TG you and a restaurant.

radioman

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RM,

Prices are fair, food is good, decent atmosphere, small place but well done. I haven't eaten there in the past year, so let me know how it goes and how you and your lady like it (as I recommend this place to all my friends).

My fav dish there is a chicken and noodle dish called 'khao soi'. I cannot explain the flavor, but it is out of this world.

Also, get the northern Thai nam prik for your lady. 'nam prik noom' (looks like a green relish really). Excellent flavor, not the same as Isaan style nam prik. Try it with the crispy pork skin. I love it, and it is not as hot going down or in your mouth as Isaan nam prik. Much easier to handle, but will make you sweat some after a few bites.

They also serve an appetizer plate with the nam prik noom and different veggies and meats/sliced sausages, and pork skin rinds that is great.

Good stuff there. I've always enjoyed the place.

Cent

Love Scene restaurant on Soi 23.

Thon Krueng Thong Lo Soi 13.

Know 'Lurve Seen'' date=' as a friend once spelt it in an sms, quite well. A bit of a hole in the wall sort of place but have always found the food good. Lots of Cowboy girls take their punters there to eat before the action starts, heard it's owned by the Tilac gang.

Will try to check out the one on Thong Lo 13. Is it near the entrance to the soi or further down where it runs into Sukhumvit 49?

Thanks[/quote']

It is right at the corner of Thong Lo and Soi 13. The main entrance is on Thong Lo.

The '13 Coins' chain have a reasonable selection of both Thai and farang food, cheap prices, reasonable atmosphere. There's one in MBK center, but I tend to avoid that place these days. I've been to the one in Future Park, it's also pretty big.

I've been to the one at Future Park too and thought it fine but was a few years ago now. Their website suggests they have a bunch of outlets so I've made a note to check one or two out in the near future. Like you I avoid MBK as much a poss these days.

Soi Ari off Phanyothin has many Restaurants catering to Thai's that are semi upmarket.

Not too expensive and she won't be embarrassed (NO idea but happens sometimes)

Soi 7 and 9 re both good - 9 is now better - try "Flow" very cool restaurant and great value.

Wide selection of Thai and some Farang food - Stella on tap.

Fantastic solution: Soi Rangnaam, the soi closest to Victory Monument Station, running between Soi Phayatai and Soi Rachaprarop, Right next to Century Theater.

A huge variety of food options, from street stalls to mall joints (MK, pizza, Japanese, etc.) to karaoke restaurants to open sided Isaan style restaurants to east/west fusion to very nice indoor places. Nothing is very expensive (except maybe the Jap place in Century Mall).

Mostly a lower middle class clientele. Everybody dressed caually and comfortably, youngish crowd, but not kids. No old helmet-hair-headed faux-so Chinese women. I never felt uncomfortable bringing a young Thai girl anywhere there to eat (young = 30-35 years younger than me).

Real easy to get to, even a taxi from Nana is only about 50 baht in later evening hours (beware at rush hour though!)Century Mall has 8 screens of flix, usually lower priced and karaoke. Great street shopping on the next block over, Rajavithi.

Several coffeehouses and both up- and down-scale massage.

6 7-11s and a mini-Tesco in 5 blocks, the nicest park outside of Lumpini (great place for Loy Krathong)

Overall, a fantastic area in which to live.

Archived