Advice: Pattaya or Cuba

Night_Rider

I'm trying to decide where to go for holiday. The two locations in mind are Thailand and Cuba. I'm in the US. Holiday would be two weeks at the end of March so I have to get tickets soon.

I travel pretty cheap. Last time I was in Pattaya I stayed at Honey Lodge but would try something different this time. Air fare is not an issue as I have credits with a major airline to burn.

Looking for some quiet beach time with a GFE companion. Was dissappointed in finding a GFE last time in Pattaya. Best exerience by far was Sabbai Dee Massage.

Cuba is a bit of a hassle for an American. Never been but hear good things. Thailand is old hat and a comfortable vacation. I usually just buy a ticket and figure it out as I go.

If I return to Pattaya I'd appreciate suggestions for finding a GFE. Something casual and relaxing. Good food, warm beach and a little intimacy. Not much of a partier. Just need a reprise from cubicle culture.

What do you think?

Here's my two cents.

If you have an opportunity to visit a Communist country - then take it.

No, I'm serious. Visit a Communist country wilst there are still some available. Just to see how they can screw things up.

Grab the gusto - get your Visa - and go.

Oh, and pick me up an old car while you are there.

1953Kaiser-Series-K530Dragon-Sedan1.jpg

Cuba aint worth the risk in my book. You'd have to go there via canada , mexico , etc. Getting caught by immigrations with a cuban stamp in the passport is $25K fine.

I've read where the cuban immy wont stamp us passports , if asked , for that reason. I've also read us immy has agents at gates for flight arriving from cuba at various airports looking for us passport holders.

If you want latin pussy , just go to mexico , cen/south america or the carribean. It all tastes the same... :drool:

Cuba aint worth the risk in my book. You'd have to go there via canada , mexico , etc. Getting caught by immigrations with a cuban stamp in the passport is $25K fine.

I've read where the cuban immy wont stamp us passports , if asked , for that reason. I've also read us immy has agents at gates for flight arriving from cuba at various airports looking for us passport holders.

If you want latin pussy , just go to mexico , cen/south america or the carribean. It all tastes the same... :drool:

A friend of mine has been to Cuba and he liked it there. As I now understand it, Cuba no longer stamps passports, the visas are on paper which can be thrown away...the bigger issue is how to deal with getting stamped out of Mexico, then back in, with no explanation of where you were...Y.S. INS knows you weren't in the USA, so ah please explain...?

One travel company I er my friend talked to about a return trip says it is not a big issue, and they have Americans going all the time. They claim lawyers are on call to help you, and Amnesty International also claims they will defend any American arrested/detained for visiting Cuba...

The law allegedly says you can go to Cuba, you just can't spend any money there...and they don't buy the excuse that you were invited and compt everything. I think it is considered a violation of the "trading with the enemy act." Now correct me if I am wrong here, but we were never actually at war with Castro and Cuba...? We were at war with Japan, Germany, Vietnam etc and I/we can all go there no problem right? Ah so why the problems with Cuba? The U.S. policy towards Cuba just makes no sense at all.

..I think it is considered a violation of the "trading with the enemy act." Now correct me if I am wrong here, but we were never actually at war with Castro and Cuba...? We were at war with Japan, Germany, Vietnam etc and I/we can all go there no problem right? Ah so why the problems with Cuba? The U.S. policy towards Cuba just makes no sense at all.

Actually, the regulations are promulgated under the Foregein Assets Control Act, and administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control. This type of commerce embargo has been used for over 200 years. A lot of debate about travel and commerce with respect to Cuba has taken place over the decades, with those for and against each making valid points. I personally have no desire to visit Cuba, but not really against anybody going there who wants to. I think our "wanker in chief" has lifted the ban on wannabe travellers who still have family in Cuba. Even within the Florida Cuban community, there seems to be a division of opinion as to whether or not control on travel, commerce, money transfers should be kept in placed, relaxed, or abolished.

As for punting or establishing a GFE, from what I've read over the years on other boards, the opportunities are not nearly as plentiful as other countries we all know about; I don't know, but suspect that the Cuban whores' ability to speak English is substantially below that of the average Thai bar girl; Finally, prostitution seems to be much more closely monitored/policed (and, I suspect particularly so) if the customer is a foreigner. I'd much rather spend the extra hours to travel to the LOS and convert my greenbacks into baht.

HH

Cuba have great reports, but so does other commu sites like Vietnam, Lao/Isaan, Ucraine or even Russia! If you really want the 'untouched' pure communism there's only North Korea left I suppose? Some may say China is still commu, but one will probably struggle hard to tell?

Come to think of maybe Burma (Myanmar) is thew best GFE bet of the bunch along with Cambodia & all of those easily accessible from LOS...

If latin pussy counts then chile, venezuela, brazil, argentina, peru, haiti, DR, etc etc list is endless

Archived