Wireless Internet

Torneyboy

Will be in Bkk this Friday for three weeks to finish setting up our Condo ...one item i need to buy is a laptop computer(will buy from power buy as we will get the TVs and dvd players etc there) ...where is the best place to get the wireless connection so i can use the computer in Bkk and in the Jungle ?

Thanks boys :neener:

Or if you are really in the jungle with no ADSL service, then you'll need a USB stick modem that takes a SIM card and you'll use True or AIS' EDGE service.

If that is the case, I think I remember Dumbsoda talking about that on a thread, so do a search or ask him.

Not even a USB stick, if your using a fairly modern mobile, it can connect via AIS (Best for rural areas) and then connect to your laptop by bluetooth or cable. I do that with a 3000 baht nokia.

True doesn't reach most rural areas. Safer given it's three weeks only going with AIS.

Note when connected sometimes it blocks phone calls.

USB stick isn't cheap - using you existing mobile will work.

100 baht for 20 ours, 300 baht for 80 1000 baht unlimited month connection I think.

You need an ISP first.

Tot / True / Buddy - all depends on where your located.

Then you can decide if you need to use their provided wireless router, or buy one yourself.

Mainly near Sathorn Pier area /Taksin bridge , Damnoen Saduak/Floating markets and Hua Hin..

Not even a USB stick, if your using a fairly modern mobile, it can connect via AIS (Best for rural areas) and then connect to your laptop by bluetooth or cable. I do that with a 3000 baht nokia.

USB stick isn't cheap - using you existing mobile will work.

100 baht for 20 ours, 300 baht for 80 1000 baht unlimited month connection I think.

I use a USB stick because it doesn't tie up my mobile phone. I mean that figuratively in that I can still make phone calls and literally in that I don't have unnecessary cables hanging out of my laptop. Some phones, such as my Nokia N80, will not get their power from the USB connection so they need to be plugged in or will lose their charge in a couple of hours. This kind of defeats the point of mobile internet. Yes the one off cost is higher than if you already have a suitable mobile but when setting up a house, its a very small cost overall.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived