What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was just said above: protesters are overwhelming the leadership.

Military are unwilling to make a bloodbath, protesters stay put, the stalemate continues.

Bottom-line: crackdown strategy fails again.

Nightmare scenario: pro-red troops or police enter in play and armed forces shoot at each other.

Kim -

Too late for that.

I said it yesterday, momentum has turned.

Turning off the money was the smartest thing the government did.

Even as a committed non-god fearing person, I will say a prayer that common sense comes to most of these people and they "peacefully" shut down their protest.

Do it before all their leaders run away - or else look who will end up holding the bag?

The job of the army and police is to carry out the orders of the government. If they do not do that it is mutiny or even treason.

They are as guilty as the red shirts.

The only defense would be would be if the government is not legitimate: in which case they should have said so long ago, or the order was against the law: but clearing armed protesters from blocking the capital city must be a government responsibility and this is the army's job.

The job of the army and police is to carry out the orders of the government. If they do not do that it is mutiny or even treason.

They are as guilty as the red shirts.

The only defense would be would be if the government is not legitimate: in which case they should have said so long ago, or the order was against the law: but clearing armed protesters from blocking the capital city must be a government responsibility and this is the army's job.

Well that might be at the heart of the problem: the Thai military don't give a shit for elected Gov't. Some even suggest that it is why things have come to this. Remember September 2006?

:content:

Remember September 2006?

:content:

Very well it ruined a perfectly good party. I wanted to turn it into a F,,,, Thaksin party but mine host would not let.

In addition he wanted to pretend the coup was not happening as everybody received calls and text. I had one an hour before it happened and told mine host who said tell nobody!

Thailand claims success in Bangkok operation

BANGKOK – The Thai government has claimed that the army has been successful in its initial push to clear a protest zone in central Bangkok.

Government spokesman Panitan Wattanayagorn claimed protest leaders have fled the area. But one of the leaders, Nattawut Saikua, appeared on stage in the protest zone several minutes before Panitan spoke and said he has not fled. ( :hmmm: )

Channel 9 television station also said that Nattawut and two other leaders were still in the protest zone Wednesday.

Panitan says "our security operation to secure the (protest zone) around Bangkok has been successful."

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

BANGKOK (AP)  An Associated Press photographer has seen three foreign journalists shot during the army operation in Bangkok, and one of them appears dead.

The photographer saw the three at a hospital Wednesday a few hours after the crackdown began to clear an anti-government protest site in central Bangkok.

He says one of the journalists, who looked Middle Eastern, was shot in the chest. His eyes were rolled back and he showed no signs of life.

He says a Dutch journalist walked into the hospital with a bullet wound in his shoulder. The third journalist is a Westerner in his late 40s who was shot in the leg.

The photographer also saw at least seven Thais brought to a hospital. It was not clear if they were dead or unconscious.

Yahoo News

Archived