What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

I think the conventional wisdom is that if you form a coalition of parties with the highest vote-getting party outside the ruling coalition (so, a Labor / LibDem coalition... or a coalition in Germany in the last one of Social Dems plus other parties to overtake the leading vote-getting CDU) then you end up with a govt that's perceived as not having the mandate and therefore less stable. It seems that's exactly what we have in Thailand now.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thought process on this is something like... I'd like to believe Seh Daeng is telling the truth that Thaksin wants the protests to go on (because it makes it easier and more clear to understand, and confirms my belief that Thaksin's a snake) but... I know that Seh Daeng's a nutter who'd say anything -- basically he's not credible. And then another part of me thinks, if Thaksin wanted it to end, it would end, and it makes sense that he'd say one thing to the media while pushing for the opposite behind the scenes.

My gut says he probably wants this to continue. But surely Seh Daeng's quotes aren't what makes me think so. I mean, if you were Thaksin, would you tell Seh Daeng your secret strategy so he could go blabber about it to the media? Thaksin isn't that dumb. Or maybe he underestimated how crazy Seh Daeng is. Was.

And then there's us, stuck in limbo not knowing what to believe.

Well, Seh Daeng was not the only one in a bad, critical legal position. All the UDD leaders were and still are. They're all under arrest warrants for "terrorism" charges, which means no bail. So their problem is that and the notion that the government is not dealing with the situation in political good faith. Remember the ridiculous accusation of a plot to overthrow the monarchy?

If you're serious about devising a political solution through talks, don't threaten people with charges that are passible of death sentence. Put aside the legal quibbles and make the best efforts to reach a thorough and common sense agreement.

How can you fall for Thaksin's cheap double crossing. The current escalation has been instigated by Thaksin and the lasted developments play perfectly into his hands.

Seh Daeng himself said in various interviews he only takes orders from Thaksin and Thaksin ordered him to fight on....

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/05/10/politics/No-new-team-of-red-shirts-leaders-Nuttawut-30128956.html

Is Thaksin double-crossing? I don't know' date=' you don't know. Nobody will never know for sure.

But it's politics, so what we have are authenticated quotes. Thaksin said Roadmap is okay, and suggested basically that the UDD could accept it immediately. There was no ambiguity at all.

Seh Daeng's been saying things, but why should we believe it? The fact we know for sure is that at that moment he was the one who had the most to lose if the roadmap was definitely adopted, in the sense that he would face the harshest criminal charges, so he could as well make his own disinformation to avoid that at all costs.[/quote']

We will never know for sure but what we know is that Thaksin is a snake and lies frequently. How often he vowed to retire from politics?

So let me ask you some question:

Seh Daeng gave several interviews, also to foreign media, saying that he won't stop the protest because Thaksin wants them to continue and that he will only listen to Thaksin. Her further said that Thaksin told him that if teh current leadership will accept the road map to replace it with a 2nd more radical generation.

This has been in the press all over. Knowing Thaksin to react on 'false' statement extremely fast, why did he not immediately rejected Seh Daeng statements as false?

Actually the death of Seh Daeng has been in Thaksin's favor as now nobody will ever know the truth here.

Just a little correction about what you said, wendella, to preempt a counter-attack by some "legality" addicts in here: the 2007 charter doesn't throw out "all" of the MP's of a disbanded party, only the executive ones. Notwithstanding, that's still a very disputable way of administrating democracy.

I'm never sure if democracy is written in stone. Most models seem flawed in some way or other. The UK model is probably the best we have. I believe the British people, even Lord Lazyphil, care very deeply about making the parliamentary system work.

How can you fall for Thaksin's cheap double crossing. The current escalation has been instigated by Thaksin and the lasted developments play perfectly into his hands.

Seh Daeng himself said in various interviews he only takes orders from Thaksin and Thaksin ordered him to fight on....

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/05/10/politics/No-new-team-of-red-shirts-leaders-Nuttawut-30128956.html

Is Thaksin double-crossing? I don't know' date=' you don't know. Nobody will never know for sure.

But it's politics, so what we have are authenticated quotes. Thaksin said Roadmap is okay, and suggested basically that the UDD could accept it immediately. There was no ambiguity at all.

Seh Daeng's been saying things, but why should we believe it? The fact we know for sure is that at that moment he was the one who had the most to lose if the roadmap was definitely adopted, in the sense that he would face the harshest criminal charges, so he could as well make his own disinformation to avoid that at all costs.[/quote']

We will never know for sure but what we know is that Thaksin is a snake and lies frequently. How often he vowed to retire from politics?

So let me ask you some question:

Seh Daeng gave several interviews, also to foreign media, saying that he won't stop the protest because Thaksin wants them to continue and that he will only listen to Thaksin. Her further said that Thaksin told him that if teh current leadership will accept the road map to replace it with a 2nd more radical generation.

This has been in the press all over. Knowing Thaksin to react on 'false' statement extremely fast, why did he not immediately rejected Seh Daeng statements as false?

Actually the death of Seh Daeng has been in Thaksin's favor as now nobody will ever know the truth here.

:applause: You win, I lose.

Happy now?

Love the conspiracy theory.

or, well... maybe Thaksin was just stating the truth that he has little say about the UDD's leadership moves as they are the ones on the field who know the situation best and who are risking their freedom if not their lives?

I'm never sure if democracy is written in stone. Most models seem flawed in some way or other. The UK model is probably the best we have. I believe the British people, even Lord Lazyphil, care very deeply about making the parliamentary system work.

One British PM (Churchill I think?) stated something along the lines of "If you want to be disgusted with democracy, talk with a voter." That's the whole issue about those red "Khwai" v, the educated Bangkok Yellows and the Abhisists of all worlds.

Archived