Lost Luggage - Urgent

Hamokhamok

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is new to me.

Before, they would always deliver it to where you told them, free!

Not always. There are technicalities that can fuck you on the free delivery. Mainly if you arrived late for the flight and or if they rebooked you on a close connection and then "explained" it to you and or wrote "VS" on the tag VS=Voluntary separation. In which case, you "agreed" to be separated from your baggage, and also agreed to pay the cost to get it delivered, if you did not pick it up.

This is new to me.

Before' date=' they would always deliver it to where you told them, free!

[/quote']

Not always. There are technicalities that can fuck you on the free delivery. Mainly if you arrived late for the flight and or if they rebooked you on a close connection and then "explained" it to you and or wrote "VS" on the tag VS=Voluntary separation. In which case, you "agreed" to be separated from your baggage, and also agreed to pay the cost to get it delivered, if you did not pick it up.

I don't know who but some brilliant poster said these same words about 30 posts ago.

"From an ex-airline employee (me)............it depends on what the circumstances are that the airline is trying to get the passenger to pay for the delivery. Did she take an earlier flight? Did she somewhere along the way voluntarily separate from her luggage? Did she check in late at her origin (normally within 30 minutes of flight time)

If DL is truly to blame for this, in other words, she checked in on time, took her scheduled flights and the bag never arrived, then they are responsible for delivery."

For the record, in case you haven't seen it already:

The matter was resolved with free delivery so everyone was happy.

Have sill to find out if she made any representations to Delta.

There was no problem with checking in, was on correct flights all the way etc.

Nahhh, Air Italia...when I was working in Italy, EVERYONE (in our work group, 30 people)that flew on Air Italia, including me, had their baggage "lost".

Last time, I flew from Venice to Milan and had about a four hour layover while waiting for the next flight...they put my baggage on the wrong plane...it wasn't like they were rushed or anything, just morons...grrrrrrrrrr

Archived