$AU

bust

As the Australian dollar edged closer on Thursday to being of equal value with the US dollar for the first time since its 1983 float, the length of the lines outside the currency exchange booths was unbelievable.

At one shopping centre I would say between 50-60 ppeople waitng to buy foreign currency.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends if you're into fundamentals or not, USD is overvalued against SEK with 46 % fundamental analysis says, problem is that the market are not follow fundamentalistic ideas. If so the dollar would be 20 against the baht or so.

Personally I don't think so, but prepare for 25 baht/dollar.

As the Australian dollar edged closer on Thursday to being of equal value with the US dollar for the first time since its 1983 float, the length of the lines outside the currency exchange booths was unbelievable.

At one shopping centre I would say between 50-60 ppeople waitng to buy foreign currency.

Sorry, read this post after I posted in another section.

The talk amongst finance analysts in OZ is that the Australian dollar will reach $1.20US ... time to dust off those tired superannuation funds or convert to your own and look for Thai property. I know I am doing it, and will visit LOS next month, for a month, to evaluate great property deals. :beer:

Pssst! Wanna bar a beer bar in Pattaya? Special price just for you. :cover:

The girls say I am a big man, but to "bar a beer bar", that may be stretching it a bit to far.

I don't think I would like the stress of running a beer bar. And no the best business to go into, where is there not one in Pattaya?

Flash, I agree with the above, in out remote village, some nut decided if the one internet cafe is working, then two will do better, so he's spending a fortune, and no way there is enough to support one let alone 2!

HOWEVER

The 7/11 however is a different strategy

I met the 7/11 people, bascially they know the stuff they sell is always a few baht more than at Big C etc, however it's based on the lazy factor, people too lazy to cross a main road in Thailand, hence they build one on each corner.

This works! The "lazy" factor makes up for the increase in rent etc.

NOW - If your not lazy, you make the effort to go somewhere where in bulk you buy cheaper, but no one grocery shops at 7/11, it's all impulse, shit, it's hot, I need a coke, I need a smoke etc.

Go in and plan to buy on thing, while in there, "shit, nearly out of toothpaste, grab a tube while I'm here"

That's Thai logic. Ever seen all of the tailor shops in a row? The opticians shops filling a block? If there are 10 beer bars in an area, it must mean it is a good place to open another. :p

From my old apartment complex, it was an easy walk to no less than five 7-Elevens!

I am sure that Hua Hin is full of blind Italians, every other shop is either an Opticians or an Italian Restaurant.

Archived