Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

My problem with the latter is the animus many have about America. There is a fairly strong 'reconquista' mood amongst them that they will re-conquer lost territory they lost in the Mexican American war for Mexico. The european immigrans in the 1800s and 1900s wanted very badly to be 'American'. I don't see that.

<< Some 11.5 million “unauthorized immigrants,†as the Department of Homeland Security calls illegal immigrants, lived in the United States as of January 2011. Of that, 6.8 million were from Mexico. >>

My link

post-98-0-93203600-1340353106.jpg

You're a bad boy Flash and I'm gonna send over my favorite bar girl to spank you. lol.

This story is heartbreaking:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/veteran-gets-surprising-response-selling-army-medal-ebay-162944491.html

When Bill Shephard, 43, from Woodbury, New Jersey, came home from Iraq in 2009, he returned to his previous job at Best Buy -- that is, until his department shut down. After his unemployment ran out, Shephard worked odd jobs to provide for his wife and kids, but he couldn't make ends meet. That's when he turned to his last resort. Hoping to raise enough money to buy a lawnmower and start a landscaping business, he made a painful decision: He would sell the Achievement Medal he had earned in the Army. Shephard put the medal on eBay, along with a message explaining his intentions. Word spread quickly, and eBay users were so touched by the veteran's resourcefulness, the bidding price soared. It topped out at a whopping $5,200. Offers of clothes, jobs, and other donations also came in. Said Shephard, "It was beyond anything I would have ever expected."

Maybe there is such a program. I don't know but I would like to see some incentive for companies to hire not only vets, especially combat vets but ex cons of non violent crime. My idea would be a cut in the amount companies pay on paycheck stubs for all kinds of things including health care costs. Maybe for the first 12 or 18 months. An amount to make companies consider it seriously without it being too much to hurt other applicants.

Police departments hire a lot of ex military. To a lesser extent Fire departments have as well but those two areas are severely cut back these days.

The one thing I do love about the American people is that we have a heart. We will donate with time and money to people such as these as well as other places around the world. Not that other countries don't do it but Americans have a big heart. We really do. Many people I've met on my travels were suprised at how friendly and welcoming Americans are to visitors. Even NYC which has a bad rep, I know many Brits on my football forum who say when lost NYers gladly advise them. The smaller the city the more friendlier we seem to many people. I'm proud of that. We may not be able to find your country on a map, we may ask a Brit if they speak english in your country but we genuinely like visitors.

Anyone can be American. Any race or ethnic group. We have all kinds representing the country in all kinds of sports and they could be of Indian descent, black, Asian, etc. but if they have USA on their shirts they're American.

• Like 1

<< Some 11.5 million “unauthorized immigrants,†as the Department of Homeland Security calls illegal immigrants, lived in the United States as of January 2011. Of that, 6.8 million were from Mexico. >>

My link

post-98-0-93203600-1340353106.jpg

I'm thinking that there MUST be similar photo showing this wanker leading a Gay-Lesbian parade in a mankini. Also, surrounded by a bunch of lesbians tossing birth control pills to the crowd (only God knows what for, since it's doubtful that dogs can impregnate humans). Also, what about one of Barry leading Seal Team 6 on a mission? I think an entire coffee table book could be published. 5555555555555

HH

• Like 1

Michelle Obama has white slave owners as ancestors:

post-1269-0-61374700-1340626009.png

Henry Wells Shields is the man with the white beard. His wife, Christian Patterson Shields, sits to his right. Charles Marion Shields is the third man standing from the right.

The white man who owned Mrs. Obama’s great-great-great grandmother, Melvinia Shields, and his son, who most likely fathered Melvinia’s child.

The photograph of those two men and their relatives, which is believed to have been taken in Georgia sometime around 1884, is being published here for the first time.

The slaveowner was Henry Wells Shields, who inherited Melvinia when his father-in-law died in 1852. DNA testing and research indicate that he and his wife, Christian Patterson Shields, are the first lady’s great-great-great-great grandparents.

Their son, Charles Marion Shields, worked as a farmer and a teacher. DNA testing and research point to him as the father of Melvinia’s son, Dolphus Shields. That would make Charles Mrs. Obama’s great-great-great grandfather.

NYT

Obama is descended from slave owners on his white mother's side. That is the ultimate irony ... that the first black president is descended from slave owners, not slaves.

Great photo, but those folks look too poor ever to have owned a single slave. (Slaves were very expensive!) They presumably dressed up in their best clothes - which aren't much more than ordinary work clothes, and not a watch chain to be seen. The house isn't much different from a slave's cabin. Wonder who the black folks in the rear are. They almost certainly are former slaves.

Great photo, but those folks look too poor ever to have owned a single slave. (Slaves were very expensive!) They presumably dressed up in their best clothes - which aren't much more than ordinary work clothes, and not a watch chain to be seen. The house isn't much different from a slave's cabin. Wonder who the black folks in the rear are. They almost certainly are former slaves.

Before jumping to conclusion, you might read the original article here:

http://www.nytimes.c...amas-roots.html