What does a Blackberry cost?

zen4dummies

Rather than do a walkabout and look I lazily figured some of you techies might tell me what a genuine Blackberry costs. My wife says about 8500 baht and claims that she can tell a real one from a copy.

This is a critical need for the daughter: She is the only girl in her class without a BB. It seems that iPhones are ancient technology, particularly her iPhone 1.

Thanks in advance for the info.

zen

Hi,

8K is about in line with what my wife says as well. This page however seems to indicate much higher prices:

http://www.jaymart.co.th/product_and_service/product/mobile/mobileselect2.asp?rqBrandID=766&rqBrandname=blackberry

Sanuk!

Those prices are high but it looks like the page may be a few years old. The only time I ever went to a Jmart store they had a very small inventory, just a lot of empty boxes on display.

She wants a BB Curve and they sell them on Amazon.com for less than $300US for one model and about $230US for another. I will let wife and daughter look for them selves.

zen

A new Bold or Torch should cost close to 20K (JMart page won't open for me). But don't know why you need it ... limited 3G in Thailand. An older version will cost you less.

Can sell you an older 8220 flip if you are interested ...

Thanks for the offer but the flip is not what she wants. I am not sure what a BB curve will do for her that her iPhone won't (she mentioned that texting was better) but I think that it is a matter of keeping up with the others and the BB is in fashion. That is OK with me as she is not too demanding.

zen

A new Bold or Torch should cost close to 20K (JMart page won't open for me). But don't know why you need it ... limited 3G in Thailand. An older version will cost you less.

Can sell you an older 8220 flip if you are interested ...

Thanks for the offer but the flip is not what she wants. I am not sure what a BB curve will do for her that her iPhone won't (she mentioned that texting was better) but I think that it is a matter of keeping up with the others and the BB is in fashion. That is OK with me as she is not too demanding.

zen

I have both, apparently I was a trend setter before my time ... on my last trip to LOS (in December) I recall the hotel staff were admiring my blackberry, which, being in the west, I thought was quite odd and peculiar.

Having both types, I still feel my Iphone is leaps & bounds above the Blackberry, especially if you have a mac PC/notebook :beer:

• 1 month later...

Well, as it turned out the BB does not cost 'just' 7600 baht. I also have to pay a monthly fee for the data link, about 750 baht. I think that I got stung.

A Thai girl that I know told me that when she gets on the BTS she sees all of the 'babies playing with their BBs'. I like her humor.

zen

Archived