Top 10 Guitartists Of All Time

Steve

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I'll see your Duane, and raise you an Eddie :)

..Sanuk!

Ok I see your Eddie, and raise you Duane and Eric.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO2q1BiPeyI

:hubbahubba:

Don't think there is a video of Eric and Duane doing this song live. Several [shitty] soundtracks. Apparently Duane was doing the Derek and the Dominos with Claption incongito. Wouldn't even allow his name to used on stage.

TH

PS - Duane was number two on the list in 2003.

I'm just surprised that Mekong isn't on the list! :shocked::cover:

Maybe if the list went down to the top 1,000,000 I may stand a chance :help:

As with any "Best off" lists it is all totally subjective to personal tastes / styles of play.

The top 5 (what the feck is Richards doing in there) are all connected, Clapton was the original Guitarist with the Yardbirds, after he left Beck joined as guitarist with Page on Bass. At the same time Richards invited Hendrix over to London to play live dates where he met Clapton and played a couple of gigs with Cream. Later Beck left the Yardbirds and Page moved from bass to guitar eventually to be joined by Plant/Jones/Bonham in the New Yardbirds before changing the name to Led Zepplin.

From that 3 year period my order of preference would be

1. Beck

2. Page

3. Hendrix

4. Clapton

?. Richards (He does not belong there)

Also how come Hendrix is in there yet no Stevie Ray Vaughan, SRV's version of Voodoo Chile knocks spots off Hendrix IMHO.

Apart from Gilmour, also missing are Gary Moore, Rory Gallagher, Alvin Lee the list goes on. Another point is that the guitarists listed all made their first recordings over 40 years ago and none from the last 20 years or so.

Apart from the obvious Stevie Vai, Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen, how about Dave Navarro, Tom Morello or Vernon Reid as representatives of more modern guitar based music, Frank Zappa and Prince (a very good guitarist) are also both missing.

I could go on for hours about good guitarist on my list but annoy the neighbours by sitting on the balcony strumming away to myself instead.

...Apart from the obvious Stevie Vai, Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen, how about Dave Navarro, Tom Morello or Vernon Reid as representatives of more modern guitar based music, Frank Zappa and Prince (a very good guitarist) are also both missing...

Yeh, and don't forget George Formby who was a bit of a wizard on the old dwarf guitar. electric-guitar-054.gif

When I'm Cleaning Windows

Archived