Want To Open A Thai Bank Account. How?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the retirement visa was introduced, you had to have 400,000 baht in a bank, or Thai stocks and bonds equal to that amount, or a condo worth more than that. Then that SOB Thaksin doubled the amount and said it had to be money in the bank only. A colleague retired about that time, and he transfered 800,000 from the States. He'd live on it until renewal time, then top it up. Suddenly that went out the window, and it has to be in the bank for at least 90 days now. A friend got careless and topped up his account at 87 days before renewal. They refused to extend his visa! He had to fly to Malaysia and come back on a 90-day visa. When that expired, they let him have his retirement visa again. Better count those days carefully. :p

A friend got careless and topped up his account at 87 days before renewal. They refused to extend his visa! He had to fly to Malaysia and come back on a 90-day visa. When that expired, they let him have his retirement visa again. Better count those days carefully. :p

Exactly, hence the reason I told the OP 90 days before

Kasikorn charges 300 Baht for a new ATM card, good for one year and then they charge for the renewal (200 Baht?)

WTF? Auydhya I have had one card only, get a new one when I loose it and it's a free replacement. Lost it twice so far. Both times I was supposed to have a police report,

Archived