Thailand Or Cambodia....which One & Why

bust

Coss is right across the river from Nong Khai, which is a good size Thai provincial capital. What you can't find in Laos, a quick trip over to Nong Khai or even Udorn should provide it. Nong Khai itself is a decent enough place.

Yes have been to Nong Khai and I believe there are at least one present and one ex boardmember up there.

In order - Vietnam, specifically Hanoi or northern half, I love visiting often cheap, and everything pretty much anyone on this board available, Philippines, away from Manila some stunning places and still cheapish, Indonesia for same reasons I love working in Jakarta, never thought I'd say that!, Malaysia is far more retire farnang friendly, but getting too expensive.

In order - Vietnam, specifically Hanoi or northern half, I love visiting often cheap, and everything pretty much anyone on this board available, Philippines, away from Manila some stunning places and still cheapish, Indonesia for same reasons I love working in Jakarta, never thought I'd say that!, Malaysia is far more retire farnang friendly, but getting too expensive.

Malaysia requires about double the amount Thailand does for a retirement visa. Also, it always was a bit more expensive than Thailand - not a lot, but enough to notice.

Yup. He's got a guest house and restaurant.

:hubbahubba::grinyes::hubbahubba:

without a shadow of doubt....Nong Khai is the best little village in Thailand...

Have lived all over....and this is the best.....play golf 3 mornings a week.....Life is REALLY good.....

Cheers DS

200%

• Like 2

:hubbahubba::grinyes::hubbahubba:

without a shadow of doubt....Nong Khai is the best little village in Thailand...

Have lived all over....and this is the best.....play golf 3 mornings a week.....Life is REALLY good.....

Cheers DS

200%

How are you doing? I remember that you had a heart attack and then you found a job in Pattaya. So, what's going on with you?

How are you doing? I remember that you had a heart attack and then you found a job in Pattaya. So, what's going on with you?

All fine now,

actually it was cancer.... a really rough time through Chemo & Radiation....I dropped from 92 kgs to 61 kgs

got the all clear just on 2 years ago now and have regained 4 of my lost kgs

Got out of the business in Patts 18 months ago and purchased the current venture around 15 months ago..... a Restaurant & small Guest House (almost on the Mekong)...you can see the river & Laos from our entrance

Blatant plug...sorry KS :grinyes:

Check us out on Trip Adviser....Jing joe Pizza & Guest House Nong Khai...we've been operating for 14 months now and have received some pretty good reviews

Lately I've managed to get out 2 or 3 mornings a week for a round of Golf....great bunch of expats up here and anywhere between 12 - 20 turn up each morning.

The raging days of Bangkok, when the Black Tiger & I used to get up to a little mischief sometimes....are well and truly a thing of the past.... I'm very settled these days and more than content with my lot in life.

Life is good

Cheers DS