Business News Baht Sinks Below 35

Flashermac

Air fare less then? I can't imagine it was, in real adjusted terms a ticket to fly to Asia and back must be much less now than in the past, no? Anyone got their old TG receipts from 1987 laying around? Domestic tix are through the floor low in comparison, I think - maybe international, too.

I still wish I was standing around in Thailand with money in hand, whatever the year, whatever amount. Gettin' bored of same old work routine...

• Like 1

Air fare less then? I can't imagine it was, in real adjusted terms a ticket to fly to Asia and back must be much less now than in the past, no? Anyone got their old TG receipts from 1987 laying around? Domestic tix are through the floor low in comparison, I think - maybe international, too.

I still wish I was standing around in Thailand with money in hand, whatever the year, whatever amount. Gettin' bored of same old work routine...

I paid just under $600 rt on NW airlines then, and 1 out of 4 flights free with mileage

might be about the same adjusting for inflation now

Just about, except that the airlines have all started playing revenue management games that make it essentially impossible to get a flight ANYWHERE with miles.

no problem for me, have not paid cash for a ticket in over 12 years, and mostly cx first or business class flights to s.e. asia.