French Girls Crash Muslim Conference

bust

Interesting factoid - if anyone wants to read it, In Australia basically white anglo people are the worst when it comes to violence against women, not those nasty "Muslims"

<<

Women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds

Migration is currently the key driver of Australia’s population growth and, as a result, almost half of the Australian population are now either born overseas or the child of a migrant.[80] Drawing conclusions regarding the nature and extent of domestic violence in culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) communities is difficult as studies and surveys have produced mixed findings.[81] Immigrant and refugee populations are diverse and cultural values and immigration status increase the complexities normally involved in domestic violence.[82] Immigration can cause social and cultural dislocation and intensify domestic violence.[83]

ABS data indicate that rates of physical assault victimisation were highest for Australian-born persons, followed by those born in the main English-speaking countries (comprising the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Canada, United States of America and South Africa) than those born in other countries.[84] In the ABS Personal Safety Survey, Australian-born women were more likely to report experiencing both physical and sexual assault in the previous 12 months than those born overseas.[85] Experience of current partner violence since the age of 15 varied little according to whether women were Australian-born, born overseas in main English-speaking countries or born in other countries (two per cent in each case). However, 19 per cent of women born overseas in main English-speaking countries reported previous partner violence since the age of 15, compared with 16 per cent of Australian-born women and 7 per cent of those born in other countries.[86]

You really think if this happened at a born again church the result would be much better? All religions are arseholes.

I did note the two clerics walk away rather than get involved,

Coss - interesting humour,

Don't blame me, I don't find these actions towards women any good at all, I've been careful not to blame "muslims" I only single out the young men who perpetrated the violence and noted the topic the activists interrupted. Just the facts.

Coss I can't seem to find a link to support this? <<Apparently the two white robed "clerics" they interrupted, were discussing, beating of wives.>>

That was my point,

Aboriginal and Islander communities, yes, very high, especially after todays report from Northern Territory, they oddly aren't muslim though, how weird is that?

The report is Australian Beulah of Statistics, I suspect they are better with stats than the average web page

Coss I can't seem to find a link to support this? <<Apparently the two white robed "clerics" they interrupted, were discussing, beating of wives.>>

That was my point,

Aboriginal and Islander communities, yes, very high, especially after todays report from Northern Territory, they oddly aren't muslim though, how weird is that?

The report is Australian Beulah of Statistics, I suspect they are better with stats than the average web page

Aaah I see

----------

Two Femen protesters were arrested after baring their breasts at a controversial conference near Paris on the role of Muslim women.

According to Inna Shevchenko, a spokeswoman for the feminist protest group, two fundamentalist preachers were discussing the question of "whether wives should be beaten or not" when the activists, aged 25 and 31, ripped off their Arab-style cloaks and jumped on to the stage at the weekend. One had the slogan "No one subjugates me" inked across her torso. The other bore the words "I am my own prophet".

The protester grabbed microphones and shouted feminist slogans in French and Arabic before being roughly bundled off the stage by about 15 men and handed over to police. Video footage of the incident shows a man apparently kicking one of the women.

According to Shevchenko, some of the men shouted "dirty whores" and "kill them". She thanked the police for protecting the two women, who were taken into custody.

They were released after being questioned by prosecutors, who said they would continue investigating what happened. Conference organisers said they would press charges against the activists.

They were not alone in taking exception to the presence of fundamentalist preachers at the event, where shopping and cooking were showcased as appropriate "feminine activities". One speaker at the conference has reportedly posted calls on social networks for women to veil their faces or risk hellfire and sexual assault in the afterlife.

Nearly 6000 people signed an online petition against the event.

Twitter posts called for the protesters to be stoned or collectively raped.

http://www.nzherald....jectid=11513021

http://www.telegraph...e-on-women.html

----------

And your point that non muslims beat women, stands.

I'm agin the beating of women, kids, dogs, cats, camels, goats by anyone. Even young men with beards and shaved heads.

On the other hand, I quite like the idea that anyone guilty of beating someone, should be beaten in turn, roughly, and about 20% more.

But then I have a fluid morality.