Sign in to follow this  
Coss

China Thread

IRONY- you know, like steel, but more, well, Irony...

Angry over campus speech by Uighur activist, students in Canada contact Chinese consulate, film presentation 

.....They were furious that a woman they considered a separatist would be given a platform to speak. So they rallied in a chat group and reached out to a familiar source of guidance: the Chinese government. .....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/angry-over-campus-speech-by-uighur-activist-students-in-canada-contact-chinese-consulate-film-presentation/2019/02/14/a442fbe4-306d-11e9-ac6c-14eea99d5e24_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b80c2d2128e1

---

I find this amusing, because the reason, the Chinese Students are at McMaster University, in Ontario, is because like most Western Universities, the tenet of Free Speech is integral to the fabric of such universities and make them the excellent institutions of learning that they are and that Chinese students, are so desirous to attend...  Dumb-asses...

• Like 2

Today I read in the newspaper that the government of New Zealand shall limit the activity of Chinese company Huawei in future for reasons of national safety. The Chinese government therefore taking revenge plans to limit the numbers of Chinese tourists visiting New Zealand.

If this is true I call the governments at least of Siam and Italy to ban Huawei right away from any sales in their countries.

• Like 1

As Cav can confirm, NZ fell into line with,  'merica, Straya and those other ones, in not wanting Huawei anywhere near the provision of the 5G telephonics provisioning.

Our feckless media are now hunting down stories about how the NZ China relationship, is a ship crashing onto rocks, that are falling off the edge of a flat earth, heading into a black hole, that's about to be swallowed by a supernova, that your mum doesn't approve of.

I agree with you about banning sales of anything Huawei, I once had to use a Huawei phone for business reasons, it ran Android OS, as I remarked to the Business owner, there's only half an Android in there...