I punched my dentist.

whosyourdaddy

Well after giving recommedations here for Phayathai 2 hospital dental clinic I went to the dentist for 2 sensitive back teeth aboput 7 weeks ago. The doctor said they were fine and I went on my way after he gave me a cleaning. I was walking down the the BTS and ran my toungue across the tooth that was bugging me and noticed it had a rough edge. The doctor gave me a cleaning with the electric

scaler and thought that might has sharpened an edge and went on my way.

So the tooth really started hurting 6 weeks later and I went back to the hospital and saw a different dentist. He examined the tooth and the first thing he said was OH oh.. What???? The tooth is dead. Huh??? You have a huge cavity here and it killed the nerve and we have to do a root canal. Ah shit. Seems the previous dentist knocked out an old filling while cleaning it and never noticed.

So I go ahead with the root canal and the dentist said after that there might be mild pain after the first day of treatment. Ahhh Bullshit. I was in agony and even looked out my 11th story condo window and thought that would end the pain. It really killed. Luckily you can get pain medication at any pharmacy and it helped.

So today I went back and explained the pain to the dentist. he was a bit perplexed. and decided he would poke around and see what it was. he removed the temp filling and packing inside the tooth and went inside the tooth with a needle and poked around.

Wham, before I knew it my first and feet were flying as he hit the nerve directly inside the tooth with the needle tool. Bloody Hell it hurt. Never felt that sort of pain before. So I look up and he is holding is masked face. Well I can tell you nothing is wrong with my reflexes or my right jab :banghead:. He said I guess we found the area that hurt you last week. He did not remove all the nerve last week.

Today it is not too bad.. just a mild ache. But I have only returned from the dentist 3 hours ago.

BTW I dont recommend PYT 2 hospital dental clinic any more, especially the dentist with the swollen face.

I feel your pain, well almost. I?ve recently had root canal done in the UK and my dentist decided to do it without anaesthetic and pushed a needle into the bottom of my tooth causing the same sort of sudden extreme pain you describe.

One has to wonder why they poke about inside the tooth with a needle, what are they checking for? That it really does hurt when they press the exposed nerve?

Hope you get it all sorted. I had a couple of problem teeth and one had about 4 different fillings in and ended in infection and was pulled out. Not a moment?s trouble since it was extracted and as it was at the very back I don?t even miss it.

In fact I will probably not have root canal again and would rather just have the tooth extracted.

One has to wonder why they poke about inside the tooth with a needle, what are they checking for? That it really does hurt when they press the exposed nerve?

He was obviously not sure wether or not there was still a bit of nerve left inside the tooth.

But as the patient mentioned about the pain he should have given an injection before poking with the needle.

Actually, it isn't a needle, it's an instrument for root canal treatment, I forgot how to call that thing. ::

Says whosyourdaddy:

...So the tooth really started hurting 6 weeks later and I went back to the hospital and saw a different dentist. He examined the tooth and the first thing he said was OH oh.. What???? The tooth is dead. Huh??? You have a huge cavity here and it killed the nerve and we have to do a root canal. Ah shit. Seems the previous dentist knocked out an old filling while cleaning it and never noticed.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the tooth. The bit I don't understand is, if the nerve had already died (as your dentist claims), where did all the pain come from? Maybe the nerve hadn't died, and this caused all the extra pain.

"... I had a couple of problem teeth and one had about 4 different fillings in and ended in infection and was pulled out. Not a moment?s trouble since it was extracted and as it was at the very back I don?t even miss it.

In fact I will probably not have root canal again and would rather just have the tooth extracted...."

I had a similar problem a few years back, did the root canal, crown $1000+++ out of my pocket, WITH insurance! only to have it pulled as well. I think if put in that position again I might consider pulling it, and if I had to replacing it with an implant, a bit more, but maybe cheaper in the longrun...

I just had two root canal treatments in BKK (Asavanant Dental Clinic), and I was really scared. I hate dentists since I was young. But it turned out to be very pleasant experience. They gave injections, and the whole procedure took about an hour. One of my teeth needed two treatments, which was done within a week. No pain at all, not even after the treatment.

I really can recommend them. If you need prices, I have them all. Needed the whole lot done. (Crown, Pulling, Bridges, Veneers, Root Canal etc. )

Cheers,

Daniel

Archived