How much money to send?

think_too_mut

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but I think the figure of 20 - 25K US for a girl for a year is outrageous. The vast majorty of Thais earn nowhere near this and get by just fine.

My girlfriend and I do not spend this much combined, and we have a great life, eating in nice restaurants, drinking in nice bars, buying new appliances, living in a nice apartment, buying good clothes etc. Any girl who requires this much has been spoiled before or is unrealistically demanding.

Stick

>the figure of 20 - 25K US for a girl for a year is outrageous.

Stick, you could be right - for someone who has all the home infrastructure in place.

Not only that - spoons, forks, kitchenware....bedsheets...

All the clothes from her bar days had to be replaced.

Then, not my computer, but hers/

I am not saying 1 million Bahts will be there every year. It was this year and as soon as she is done with her high school - she either comes ot Oz or she is back to where she was. Unless she finds some honest job.

Says think_too_mut:

>Really, I think the amount is very generous, very nice of you.

Yeah.

Still, some people give more.

Some are inclined to call me "Cheap Charlie".

Some say too mutt.

For all, yes, that's what a former prostitute can get. Easilly. Or, what comes after "Easiest"?

What is important and what matters in this scenario is that you as the sponsor have to be happy and satisfied with the amount you send and spend. Anyone else is just giving their opinion of what they would be comfortable with.

You are correct about guys who spend more. I have met a couple who have bought homes provided cars and give allowances north of US$1500 a month for their girlfriends.

Personally would I spend that kind of money? At this point in my life no, but who knows I may change my mind one day. Do I have a problem with the amounts you spend? Nope. Your money, your choice, your life.

>I can live on 1 million Baht/year, no problem. It is incredible, how a lawyer like my brother with 2 kids, wife can live on $500.00/month!!!

Jasmine,

I failed to say what your post deserves to be said: honest people with honest jobs get less than this girl. I am ashamed with that. My fault.

If it was not for her school success, she would have felt my boot over her ass a while ago.

Still, the money could be high for a student. Well, if she does not produce some good results (they were always there so far) ...ahem..one more try..and then...she's back to her own devices

>What is important and what matters in this scenario is that you as the sponsor have to be happy and satisfied with the amount you send and spend. Anyone else is just giving their opinion of what they would be comfortable with.

JJ,

I am not happy with the amount I send. Any amount. My concern is - what does she do with it. So far, she's been good at many schools.

That is not all. You would know.

Dude, dont take it the wrong way but... FUK MEEEE!! as u are an aussie too I understand your thoughts when buying whitegoods, but you can get a two door frost free fridge in Central for 9K baht...

I knew of a guy who works in Singapore, sends 70K baht a month to his GF, she lives in a lovely apartment, goes to the gym, has fuk all else to do, is a nasty little cow behind his back and uses his money to take care of her young loser Farang BF who has no job and little savings...

As stick said, my GF and I live on alot less than that, and we too go out every week, eat out half the time, buy alot of farang food, have bought all our own whitegoods, some furniture, we buy expensive books every month and rent videos 5 times a week, go to the movies twice a week, wear good quality name brand clothes, and live in a reasonably upmarket large studio which costs us about 9K a month inc utilities.

1 million baht a year is 43 grand in our money, the majority of Australians dont earn that! :dunno:

You can live rather comfortably on 10,000 baht a month in Bangkok by Thai standards. Most unskilled salaries are in the 6,000-8,000 per month range.

If their is love and commitment and she has no desire to work the streets or bars you will be ok. If she has no desire to stay faithful no amount of money will keep her.

BTW I send my fiancee 20,000 baht per month. This is what i can afford. It gives her enough for English classes too. i often ask if she has enough money and she always says she is just fine.

>As stick said, my GF and I live on alot less than that, and we too go out every week, eat out half the time...

As in my introductory post on this thread, her monthly budget is 12K for the apartment, 5K family, 7-8K to live.

If the apartment was cheaper and her family gets 2 K, it's not too much more than what people are telling me.

It's the apartment that draws the most.

With 7-8K to spend after everything is paid, she's more than happy. That's still more than what many people earn and she knows that. Her mobile bills are paid out of that with no problem. And her money saving box had 3500 in it after 3 months.

The trouble was bringing the house and herself from zero to everything. It's not going to happen every year, but the first year was like that.

Replacing her clothes with Oz goods can easilly come to 100K (those same clothes at Emporium would be 300K. Yes, three times more than in Oz. Just go and check at the "Surfer Girl" section of the store. 40A$ skirt is 3700 Bahts.)

Underneath the clothes, 30 pairs of new underwear...25-30K, Emporium.

Replacing high heel shoes with "this goes with that", another 30K.

You see? If you say it quickly, 1 million is not all that much.

Now, dark clouds again: because of good life, she has gained 15kg in weight since January last year...What do we do with the bursting clothes now?

Archived