Why can't I find a Thai girlfriend ??

MadStockBroker

Says Fidel:

I personally don't like to date hookers and I have been blasted in the past for stating this. Good Luck!

Assuming that your statement refers to this forum and if it doesn't then pardon the following response.

I don't believe that any responsible member of this forum "blasted" you for stating that you don't like to date hookers. I think there is more to that tale. I am sure it was the manner in which you made your statement or a member mis-interpreting your statement, rather than the simple fact that you don't like to date hookers.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says lazyphil:

<<There is no such thing as "dating a BG" due to the very nature of the "service" relationship from the start with these girls.........>>

My time with my mrs started as a customer based thing to begin with, I agree, over the time we stayed together and now to this day its nothing like this now. We pull the cart together supporting each other ( I do earn the lions share I know but she puts her heart into putting note worthy money in the kitty), I hear of dating hi-so girls (not som tam sellers or hair dressers!) being high maintainance, what does this mean? If you don't lavish them with gifts they throw a fit? (please note; a question and not a statement!) Or just throw you out till the next rich guy rolls up? I hear that us guys are meal tickets for bgs (no doubt some are, of course, I'm in no doubt this is the case), I just dont get it...as usual!!

Some people will never understand the true meaning of love regardless of their education and worldly experience. To them falling in love is analogous to evaluating a corporate balance sheet.

Love is emotion, not logic. Marriage . . . that is a whole other conundrum

Some people will never understand the true meaning of love regardless of their education and worldly experience. To them falling in love is analogous to evaluating a corporate balance sheet.

Exactly.

My TG's friend (dentist) had a boyfriend who works in the advertisement. Her mom simply didn't like this man because of his job. So she left him. ::

She now has a new boyfriend, a doctor, that's what he hopes to be in 3 years. This guy asked her to marry him, they know eachother for .....several months and he's going to study in Australia for 3 years. He doesn't want to lose her so he wants to marry her before leaving her behind for 3 years. ::

That's already enough for me to see that this guy is crap. But of course...her mom loves him. He'll be a doctor soon. ::

BTW, they're all Thai.

I just don't understand what some people's choices are based on.

"There is no such thing as "dating a BG" due to the very nature of the "service" relationship from the start with these girls"

I agree with this statement 200%!! I have always been curious when some guy on this board makes a statement like " my gf that works at tilac(input any gogo bar here)"

What does that mean?? I hope he are saying the she is a girl and she is a friend...and not that they really think she is his gf!! They don't really believe that she is his gf do you? She works in a gogo bar and has sex with hundreds of men a year for a living! Not to mention she has 50 other guys she is calling bf and them sending her money! So I guess this is more of a curiousity question than anything else...Is any guy here actually trying have a gf/bf relationship with a girl from a bar?? And even worse..are you doing it from another country???...and if so, what color is the sky in your world??

Guys,

Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate some of the thoughtful comments posted above, and cheers to whosyourdaddy for the great vote of confidence!

I will try to respond to the questions raised and I would like to keep this discussion going. The topic is serious (to me anyway) and I do not think my lack of a long term relationship has got anything to do with my physical characteristics. More likely is my attitude to the opposite sex that I suspect is do to over 10 years of living a good life in Asia. I have slept with countless of girls; some for money, some bg?s for fun, one night stands and a few whirlwind relationships. I was the typical expat; over paid, over sexed and over here. I do wonder if this has given me the wrong opinion of girls and I have taken them to be just too easy. Sometimes I feel like a kid with a new puppy at Christmas ? you shower them with love at first but by mid January you are bored. I also believe that I am fairly aggressive in going for things I want without thinking about others. I don?t do things I don?t enjoy just to please someone else. Whether this means I am ?jai dee? or not I really don?t know.

I have not been on blind dates and have double dated with Stick and his girlfriend. I agree that the best way is to make sure that my date is not alone and is comfortable with her surroundings and the other people. I believe this makes them less shy however it can be hard to get the girls to open up to me. I don?t know why this is the case.

I look around at many of my friends and see that they have found a gf/wife and I can not understand why I can not do the same. If it is a case of my personality/attitude then I don?t think its something that I can change easily, its just who I am.

MadStockBroker.

Guest lazyphil

<My TG's friend (dentist) had a boyfriend who works in the advertisement. Her mom simply didn't like this man because of his job. So she left him>

Can I assume the theory I see knocked about regarding people of a certain status/education/background gravitating (or expected to anyway) to each other applies to you're circle of friends/gf? If so I'm confused, you're tg's friend is a dentist, a very technical and skillful job, so you're gf I assume has a similar career, yes? I believe you're a Dutch 'English teacher'? Correct? In that case where do you fit into the jigsaw? :D :D I'm impressed cos I think this system of having to stand shoulder to shoulder in terms of status in a friendship/marrage etc is a pile of steaming camel dung!

you're tg's friend is a dentist, a very technical and skillful job, so you're gf I assume has a similar career, yes? I believe you're a Dutch 'English teacher'? Correct? In that case where do you fit into the jigsaw? :) :)

Well, I'll keep it short. ::

I'm a computer engineer, who's currently working as a teacher (English, Dutch, Portuguese, however I don't have students for those last two ::). I help out at a private school. Nice job, great experience, but not what I plan to do for the rest of my life. We're living here in Phitlok for 1 or 2 more years so I have no other choice than being a teacher. Not many possibilities regarding my profession over here.

When we move back to BKK I'll find a computer-related job.

Maybe we'll even move back to farangland to triple our salaries and come back to retire here in LOS ::

I hope this helps you to complete your jigsaw. :)

Many Farangs have beautiful Thai girlfriends but what are these women's motives..... find a well educated, nice chick.

I realize this a rather generalized comment but you may find out that some educated chick's motives are the same as a BG?s ? I want to find a rich falang to take care of me. The BG is usually just more open about their intent.

Archived