Why can't I find a Thai girlfriend ??

MadStockBroker

Hi,

[color:"red"] I knew a guy like that in the States too, had everything going for him, looks, resume, money, etc. He could attract any woman,that is until he opened his mouth. After a conversation he could turn a chick off quicker than a light switch.

Poor fellow could get a woman but he could never keep them. [/color]

I also know such women!

Cheers!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very true about the easy life. Look at some guys who are never exposed to the true dating game. They really don't know there is a "method" to dating. Some things are different in SEA but many things are the same. Maybe because of who and what he is he is putting very little effort forth on the "prove it to her" side. After all the money and looks, a lady STILL WANTS TO BE COURTED!

Oneye

I think we need to hear more about MSB is talking about. Is it really the issue of not finding a GF or a GF who one is crazy about?

If he is all what he is (nothing has been mention about character or personality - some girls do facor this into their decsion-making especially the worthwhile ones), I expect there are girls who are interested in him, but he is not interested in them? Either way, one needs to look at oneself and try to ask why not? If no girls are pursuing him at this point (based on sufficient dating), one really needs to identify personality issues/flaws? If it is the latter where one is just too picky (happens alot with people feel they bring alot to the table), one needs to look at their own expectations and either change them (make them real) or maybe the type of women one is looking for is all wrong for his style and who he is(character make-up)........

Cardinalblue

In my limited experience, I think that TGs who are looking for a farang man, or at least who are willing to try a relationship with a farang man, will be impressed/comfortable with a guy if he can at least meet one key criteria...and that is....if he is Jai Dee.

Simple as that. be nice, courteous, thoughtful, fun, sensitive, clean etc etc. A nice guy to be around.

Of course if you happen to be an arrogant prick, with really bad BO, who gets pissed every night, smokes like a chimney and who wants to get in the TGs pants within the first few dates....forget it. Stick to the BGs.

I thought the earlier post about TGs being shy to shower together was right on the button :-) I presume the poster was referring to a relationship that had progressed to at least date number 38 :-)

Seriously, there are some good articles on the topic in the member area. Plug for Khun Sanuk :-)

Sid

>I have been on several dates, and even had Mrs Stick source potential companions but nothing seem to click.

This sounds almost as if you have been having blind dates at a one-on-one basis. That is a bit stressful situation - almost like a job interview, and neither participant might be able to show off their best qualities.

Have you tried group dates, or even having her to invite a female friend along? The lady might be more at ease and vivid, when you are signalling pretty clearly that you do not want to get into her panties at once. And it might be that the 'chaperone' will be the one who tickles your fancy...

Wagner

Well,

I have lived here for about 2 years now and only recently have I found a girl who I'm happy to date.

Bar girls were out of the question for me... for various reasons.

I was really frustrated because I also believe that although I may not be the best catch I'm not that bad... compared to some of the Farangs you see over here.

Just take your time... don't date someone for the sake of it. Be relaxed... accept that Thai girls don't really like to date one on one in the beginning... for God's sake don't end up seeming needy.

The 'Jai Dee' comment is a good one too, you have to be nice and chilled out.... be relaxed around her friends... she's bound to bring them along but don't be intimidated... it'll work out in the end.

Look around, you could date a hooker like so many Farangs.... no offence meant... I personally don't like to date hookers and I have been blasted in the past for stating this. Many Farangs have beautiful Thai girlfriends but what are these women's motives..... find a well educated, nice chick.

Don't worry about it... it'll happen,

Good Luck!

Fidel,

I agree with your comments. I. too, have been criticized for my views on BGs. I have nothing against BGs per se, but how they fit into our lives.

In my book, I just won't confuse dating (courting, getting to know the person, compatibility, etc.,) vs buying a girl for her time, body and attention (BG). There is no such thing as "dating a BG" due to the very nature of the "service" relationship from the start with these girls.........

Cardinalblue

Guest lazyphil

<<There is no such thing as "dating a BG" due to the very nature of the "service" relationship from the start with these girls.........>>

My time with my mrs started as a customer based thing to begin with, I agree, over the time we stayed together and now to this day its nothing like this now. We pull the cart together supporting each other ( I do earn the lions share I know but she puts her heart into putting note worthy money in the kitty), I hear of dating hi-so girls (not som tam sellers or hair dressers!) being high maintainance, what does this mean? If you don't lavish them with gifts they throw a fit? (please note; a question and not a statement!) Or just throw you out till the next rich guy rolls up? I hear that us guys are meal tickets for bgs (no doubt some are, of course, I'm in no doubt this is the case), I just dont get it...as usual!!

Archived